Review: could Furosemide cause Depression?
Summary: Depression is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 80,008 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,663 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Furosemide and have Depression >>>
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 80,857 Furosemide users)
Depression has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 277,524 Depression patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 80,007 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 1,663 people (2.08%) have Depression.
Time on Furosemide when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Furosemide * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Furosemide * :
Severity of Depression when taking Furosemide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (239 people, 14.37%)
- Hypertension (225 people, 13.53%)
- Pain (117 people, 7.04%)
- Anxiety (96 people, 5.77%)
- Multiple myeloma (80 people, 4.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (460 people, 27.66%)
- Lisinopril (364 people, 21.89%)
- Potassium chloride (330 people, 19.84%)
- Digoxin (292 people, 17.56%)
- Lasix (265 people, 15.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Depression
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Depression
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Caffeine, Cannabis Sativa, Vyvanse, Testosterone Enanthate for a 25-year old man with Lethargy, Add, Secondary Hypogonadism. The patient has Anger, Depression Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Ditropan XL, Micardis, Singulair, Cymbalta, Requip, Aricept for a 77-year old woman with Osteomas, Immunity, Blood Thinner, Urinary Incontinence, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Depression, Tremor, Alzheimers. The patient has Depression, Fecal Incontinence, Lack Of Coordination, Lethargy
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycontin, Nardil for a 65-year old man with Pain - Back, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Furosemide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix for a 33-year old woman who has Lkajdfkl
- Comparions of Lasix, Torsemide for a 74-year old man who has Fluid Retention
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Furosemide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Spironolactone, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.