Review: could Furosemide cause Excessive saliva (Drooling)?
Summary: Excessive saliva is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Nexium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 80,010 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Excessive saliva. Find out below who they are, when they have Excessive saliva and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Furosemide and have Excessive saliva >>>
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 80,860 Furosemide users)
Excessive saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 2,502 Excessive saliva patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 80,010 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 32 people (0.04%) have Excessive Saliva.
Time on Furosemide when people have Excessive saliva * :
Gender of people who have Excessive saliva when taking Furosemide * :
|Excessive saliva||45.71%||54.29% |
Age of people who have Excessive saliva when taking Furosemide * :
|Excessive saliva||0.00%||3.33%||6.67%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||40.00%||43.33% |
Severity of Excessive saliva when taking Furosemide ** :
How people recovered from Excessive saliva ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (7 people, 21.88%)
- Muscle spasms (4 people, 12.50%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 9.38%)
- Asthma (3 people, 9.38%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 9.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (7 people, 21.88%)
- Albuterol (7 people, 21.88%)
- Lovaza (6 people, 18.75%)
- Crestor (6 people, 18.75%)
- Ibuprofen (6 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of furosemide and excessive saliva on
Do you have Excessive Saliva while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Excessive Saliva
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Excessive Saliva
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Razadyne, Namenda for a 92-year old woman with Dementia Alzheimer's Type. The patient has Excessive Saliva
Recent Furosemide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lasix, Lisinopril for a 63-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.