Review: could Furosemide cause Excessive saliva (Drooling)?
Summary: Excessive saliva is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Nexium, and have Hypertension.
We study 79,997 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Excessive saliva. Find out below who they are, when they have Excessive saliva and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Furosemide and have Excessive saliva >>>
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from Furosemide 80,842 users)
Excessive saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Excessive saliva 2,472 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 79,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 32 people (0.04%) have Excessive Saliva.
Time on Furosemide when people have Excessive saliva * :
Gender of people who have Excessive saliva when taking Furosemide * :
|Excessive saliva||45.71%||54.29% |
Age of people who have Excessive saliva when taking Furosemide * :
|Excessive saliva||0.00%||3.33%||6.67%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||40.00%||43.33% |
Severity of Excessive saliva when taking Furosemide ** :
How people recovered from Excessive saliva ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (7 people, 21.88%)
- Muscle spasms (4 people, 12.50%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 9.38%)
- Asthma (3 people, 9.38%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 9.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (7 people, 21.88%)
- Albuterol (7 people, 21.88%)
- Lovaza (6 people, 18.75%)
- Crestor (6 people, 18.75%)
- Ibuprofen (6 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Excessive Saliva while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Excessive Saliva
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Excessive Saliva
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If i take 20mg of lasix and 40mg the next day and i skip the 40mg and take 20mg instead will it cause dizzyness
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Have Dizzyness And Lightheadenes, and takes Lasix )
Lasix 20 mg and 40mg the next day plus spironolactone 100mg daily nadolol 10mg daily and xifaxan 550mg twice daily and keppra 750mg twice daily and b1 100mg once daily and protonix 40mg once daily and folic acid once daily and magnesium oxide 400mg once daily and lactulose 30ml twice daily and multy ...
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Menopause, and takes Lasix)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
More questions for: Furosemide, Excessive saliva
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease (1 response)
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
- Pulmonery hypertension
(Posted by a 65 year old woman who has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Breathlessness, and takes Xarelto, Furosemide, Spironolactone, Tracleer, Viagra)
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Furosemide, Excessive saliva
- A study of drug interactions between Curcumin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Avapro, Protonix, Lasix, Ativan, Coumadin for a patient with Joint Stiffness, High Blood Cholesterol, Ulcer - Stomach, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Anxiety, Blood Clot In The Legs. The patient has Hallucination, Visual, Dizziness
Comments: Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Coreg, Morphine Sulfate, Halcion, Xarelto for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Failure, Pain, Sedation, Prevent Strokes. The patient has Congestive Heart Failure
Comments: She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benazepril Hydrochloride, Coreg, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Eliquis for a patient with Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia
Comments: I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Furosemide, Modafinil, Symbicort for a patient with Thyroid Cancer, Fluid Retention, Narcolepsy, Copd. The patient has Memory Loss
Comments: i have noticed very poor concentration and over the top memory loss in the past few months. i was cooking yesterday and forgot and almost burned my house down. i recently started the symbicort twice in the morning and twice in the evening for mild copd and bronchicial issues.
More related studies for: Furosemide, Excessive saliva
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.