Review: could Furosemide cause Headache - migraine with aura?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 76,983 people who take Furosemide. Among them, 2 have Headache - migraine with aura. See who they are, when they have Headache - migraine with aura and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Furosemide (latest outcomes from 80,751 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention, swelling. Commonly reported side effects of Furosemide include dyspnoea exacerbated, breathing difficulty, weakness, renal failure acute, hypotension.
Headache - migraine with aura
Headache - migraine with aura (silent migraine) (latest reports from 5,704 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Mar, 9, 2014: 76,983 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 2 people (0.00%) have Headache - Migraine With Aura. They amount to 0.04% of all the 5,702 people who have Headache - Migraine With Aura.
Time on Furosemide when people have Headache - migraine with aura * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Headache - migraine with aura||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Headache - migraine with aura when taking Furosemide * :
|Headache - migraine with aura||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Headache - migraine with aura when taking Furosemide * :
|Headache - migraine with aura||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Headache - migraine with aura when taking Furosemide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Headache - migraine with aura||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Headache - migraine with aura ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Headache - migraine with aura||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Adhd (1 people, 50.00%)
- Migraine (1 people, 50.00%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Edema - peripheral, peripheral edema (1 people, 50.00%)
- Allergic rhinitis (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (2 people, 100.00%)
- Gleevec (1 people, 50.00%)
- Sumatriptan succinate (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lanoxin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Timoptic (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Furosemide, Headache - migraine with aura
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Furosemide (furosemide) is often used for fluid retention. Find out below the conditions Furosemide is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Furosemide used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Furosemide side effects from A to Z:
Browse Furosemide drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know that this is something serious..I can feel it. I just have to get the Doctors, to find it...and fix whatever it is that is wrong.
I am trying to find what is the root cause of it all, then I might be able to find some relief.."Lord Willing". I have always been a driven individual and love life. I am a fighter and a survivor, so I will continue forward..until I find a way to the answer.
The pain level stays around 5 or 6 everyday and can be overwhelming at times, but I pray and I find relief for a moment..from The Lord. Grateful to be alive. Just want life to be normal again and to be able, to spend my time with my family that I have missed so much of.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- Can moringa cure sinus headache?
I was diagnosed of ostroathritis some years ago. Also I have been having sinuses for over twenty years but it has now degenerated to sinus headache which comes in the form of migraine. My B P is very normal . I am 46 years old living in Africa
- Frequent lumbar punctures.. is that normal and not dangerous?
having a typical migraine/headache since december 2012.
now still having my migraine on and off after i had lumbar puncture last 2 months and the doctor diagnosed me with BENIGN INTRACRANIAL HYPERTENSION ( pressure was 21 cm).
More questions for: Furosemide, Headache - migraine with aura
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Furosemide, Headache - migraine with aura
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones (Bone pain or tenderness), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral (Arteriovenous malformation - cerebral), Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis), Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head (Headache), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Lightheadedness - Fainting (Fainting), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Dizziness, Restlessness (Agitation), Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
More related studies for: Furosemide, Headache - migraine with aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.