Review: could Furosemide cause Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy)?
Summary: Neuropathy is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Gabapentin, and have Diabetes.
We study 80,010 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 156 have Neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Furosemide and have Neuropathy >>>
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 80,862 Furosemide users)
Neuropathy (damage to nerves) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, peripheral neuropathy. (latest reports from 5,896 Neuropathy patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 80,008 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 64 people (0.08%) have Neuropathy.
Time on Furosemide when people have Neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy when taking Furosemide * :
Age of people who have Neuropathy when taking Furosemide * :
Severity of Neuropathy when taking Furosemide ** :
How people recovered from Neuropathy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (18 people, 28.12%)
- Neuropathy (10 people, 15.62%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (7 people, 10.94%)
- Depression (6 people, 9.38%)
- Ill-defined disorder (5 people, 7.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (18 people, 28.12%)
- Potassium chloride (17 people, 26.56%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 25.00%)
- Neurontin (14 people, 21.88%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of furosemide and neuropathy on
Do you have Neuropathy while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Neuropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Mirtazapine, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Warfarin Sodium, Vicodin, Lipitor for a 61-year old man with Depression, Biopsy Prostate, Anxiety, Afib, Sleep Disorder, Pain, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 54-year old woman with Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
Recent Furosemide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix for a 33-year old woman who has Lkajdfkl
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.