Review: could Furosemide cause Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy)?
Summary: Neuropathy is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Gabapentin, and have Diabetes.
We study 80,007 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 64 have Neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Furosemide and have Neuropathy >>>
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 80,856 Furosemide users)
Neuropathy (damage to nerves) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression. (latest reports from 5,865 Neuropathy patients)
On Feb, 24, 2015: 80,007 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 64 people (0.08%) have Neuropathy.
Time on Furosemide when people have Neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy when taking Furosemide * :
Age of people who have Neuropathy when taking Furosemide * :
Severity of Neuropathy when taking Furosemide ** :
How people recovered from Neuropathy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (18 people, 28.12%)
- Neuropathy (10 people, 15.62%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (7 people, 10.94%)
- Depression (6 people, 9.38%)
- Ill-defined disorder (5 people, 7.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (18 people, 28.12%)
- Potassium chloride (17 people, 26.56%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 25.00%)
- Neurontin (14 people, 21.88%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of furosemide and neuropathy on
Do you have Neuropathy while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Neuropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lasix for a 73-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Severe Itching Under Skin In Lower Legs, Back, Arms And Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of side effects of Lasix for a 57-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure. The patient has Loose Stools
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Multivitamin, Omeprazole, Furosemide, Xarelto, Methylprednisolone for a 75-year old woman with Osteoarthritis, Diverticulitis, Acid Reflux, Oedema, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Increased Frequency Of Micturation, Less Volume, Swollen Ankles, Acid Reflux, Pain In Shoulders, Back, Arms, Chest,headaches,
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Propylthiouracil for a 69-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Graves Disease. The patient has Vertigo, No Endurance, Shortness Of Breath, Myalgia, Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent Furosemide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix for a 33-year old woman who has Lkajdfkl
- Comparions of Lasix, Torsemide for a 74-year old man who has Fluid Retention
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Furosemide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Spironolactone, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Comparions of Lipitor, Levothyroxine Sodium, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.