Review: could Furosemide cause Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Ringing in the ears is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lisinopril, and have High blood pressure.
We study 80,010 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 211 have Ringing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Ringing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Furosemide and have Ringing in the ears >>>
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 80,860 Furosemide users)
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,019 Ringing in the ears patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 80,008 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 211 people (0.26%) have Ringing In The Ears.
Time on Furosemide when people have Ringing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ringing in the ears||41.67%||0.00%||8.33%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Furosemide * :
|Ringing in the ears||55.30%||44.70% |
Age of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Furosemide * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.50%||2.01%||1.01%||15.58%||13.07%||67.84% |
Severity of Ringing in the ears when taking Furosemide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||33.33%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Ringing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (18 people, 8.53%)
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 8.06%)
- Atrial fibrillation (15 people, 7.11%)
- Depression (12 people, 5.69%)
- Gout (11 people, 5.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (52 people, 24.64%)
- Aspirin (50 people, 23.70%)
- Coumadin (45 people, 21.33%)
- Levaquin (38 people, 18.01%)
- Potassium chloride (37 people, 17.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ringing In The Ears while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Ringing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Depo-testosterone for a 63-year old man with Sex Drive. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Timolol Maleate, Travatan Z for a 65-year old man with Lower Cholesterol, Glaucoma. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 43-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Recent Furosemide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.