Review: could Furosemide cause Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
We study 79,989 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 211 have Ringing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Ringing in the ears and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Furosemide and have Ringing in the ears >>>
Furosemide (latest outcomes from 80,835 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention.
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,378 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 79,989 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 211 people (0.26%) have Ringing In The Ears.
Time on Furosemide when people have Ringing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ringing in the ears||41.67%||0.00%||8.33%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Furosemide * :
|Ringing in the ears||55.30%||44.70% |
Age of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Furosemide * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.50%||2.01%||1.01%||15.58%||13.07%||67.84% |
Severity of Ringing in the ears when taking Furosemide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||33.33%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Ringing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (18 people, 8.53%)
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 8.06%)
- Atrial fibrillation (15 people, 7.11%)
- Depression (12 people, 5.69%)
- Gout (11 people, 5.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (52 people, 24.64%)
- Aspirin (50 people, 23.70%)
- Coumadin (45 people, 21.33%)
- Levaquin (38 people, 18.01%)
- Potassium chloride (37 people, 17.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ringing In The Ears while taking Furosemide?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Ringing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Tinnitus sufferers using buspar ,did ringing get worse
I am on Zoloft & ringing has been bad last 7 days..dr thinks BuSpar would be milder, just heard scary stories of worse ringing...any help appreciated
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
More questions for: Furosemide, Ringing in the ears
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Ringing in ear after kenalog injection
After receiving a Kenalog injection, my son's left ear started a low pitch ringing after three days from the injection. Also his lower lip has quivered several times as well. This condition has lasted for nine days and I am looking for other patients who have had a similar reaction from a Kenalog i ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
More reviews for: Furosemide, Ringing in the ears
On eHealthMe, Furosemide (furosemide) is often used for fluid retention. Find out below the conditions Furosemide is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Furosemide used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Clonazepam, Furosemide, Androderm for a patient with ADHD, Insomnia Depression, Depression/pain, Hypothyroidism, Insomnia Ptsd Anxiety, Ptsd Anxiety Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, Transgendered. The patient has Weight Gain, Metabolic Syndrome, Left Upper Abdomen Pain, Ahedonia, Reversed Circadian Rhythem, Vibration Of Muscles In Left Side, Apathy, No Creativity, Pain In Feet And Hands, Tinnitus, Falls Breaking Bones
More related studies for: Furosemide, Ringing in the ears
Recent Furosemide related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Furosemide, Ringing in the ears
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Bipolar Disorder and Pineal Gland Cyst
- Breathlessness and Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Flutter
Recent user comments
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (7 hours ago)
- "Anxiety-driven retching when forcd to perform/present ... " (7 hours ago)
- Urocit K
- Oral Contraception
- Electrocardiogram Q Wave Abnormal
- Early Satiety
- Yeast Infection Vagina