Review: could Furosemide cause Swelling?
Summary: Swelling is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 80,010 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 662 have Swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Furosemide and have Swelling >>>
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 80,860 Furosemide users)
Swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, metastases to bone. (latest reports from 26,528 Swelling patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 80,008 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 762 people (0.95%) have Swelling.
Time on Furosemide when people have Swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Swelling when taking Furosemide * :
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Furosemide * :
Severity of Swelling when taking Furosemide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (95 people, 12.47%)
- Multiple myeloma (74 people, 9.71%)
- Pain (72 people, 9.45%)
- Metastases to bone (46 people, 6.04%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (36 people, 4.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (212 people, 27.82%)
- Zometa (209 people, 27.43%)
- Potassium chloride (186 people, 24.41%)
- Lisinopril (179 people, 23.49%)
- Aredia (137 people, 17.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of furosemide and swelling on
Do you have Swelling while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Swelling
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Lortab, Effexor, Topamax for a 34-year old woman with Migraine, Anxiety. The patient has Edema
Recent Furosemide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lasix, Lisinopril for a 63-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.