Home > Furosemide > Swelling > Furosemide and Swelling
Review: could Furosemide cause Swelling?
We study 79,989 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 761 have Swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Furosemide and have Swelling >>>
Furosemide (latest outcomes from 80,830 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention.
Swelling (latest reports from 181,551 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 79,981 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 761 people (0.95%) have Swelling.
Time on Furosemide when people have Swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Swelling when taking Furosemide * :
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Furosemide * :
Severity of Swelling when taking Furosemide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (95 people, 12.48%)
- Multiple myeloma (74 people, 9.72%)
- Pain (71 people, 9.33%)
- Metastases to bone (46 people, 6.04%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (36 people, 4.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (212 people, 27.86%)
- Zometa (209 people, 27.46%)
- Potassium chloride (185 people, 24.31%)
- Lisinopril (179 people, 23.52%)
- Aredia (137 people, 18.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling while taking Furosemide?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Furosemide and have Swelling
- group for people who take Furosemide
- group for people who have Swelling
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Swelling of feet and legs up to scrotum.
From this study (2 years ago):
Most of these drugs were reported under MedWatch by me. I am sure the hospital in Atlanta was notified about red yeast rice (monascus purpureus)upon admission for rectal bleeding.
Once you have stevens johnson syndrome you never, never get over it. After 14 radiation treatments, I was burned internally and externally with the same bullous rashes over the entire pelvis.
From this study (5 years ago):
I usually take Oxycontin, Concerta and Zoloft. Recently had to add Diflucan which produced symptoms of Angioedema. Turns out, I've had Hereditary Angioedema since childhood. The Lasix is to remove some of the fluid.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Furosemide, Swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Furosemide, Swelling
On eHealthMe, Furosemide (furosemide) is often used for fluid retention. Find out below the conditions Furosemide is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Furosemide used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (43 minutes ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (52 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (11 hours ago)
- Trisodium Ethylenediamine Tetraacetic Acid
- Nonketotic Hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Coma
- Uveitis Glaucoma Hyphaema Syndrome
- Peruvian Maca
- Butalbital Aspirin Caffeine And Codeine Phosphate