Home > Furosemide > Uti > Furosemide and Uti
Review: could Furosemide cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Uti is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 79,994 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,765 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Furosemide and have Uti >>>
Furosemide (latest outcomes from 80,840 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention.
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 448,493 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 79,989 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 1,765 people (2.21%) have Uti.
Time on Furosemide when people have Uti * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Furosemide * :
Age of people who have Uti when taking Furosemide * :
Severity of Uti when taking Furosemide ** :
How people recovered from Uti ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (286 people, 16.20%)
- Depression (126 people, 7.14%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (123 people, 6.97%)
- Urinary tract infection (123 people, 6.97%)
- Multiple myeloma (106 people, 6.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (487 people, 27.59%)
- Lisinopril (433 people, 24.53%)
- Digoxin (381 people, 21.59%)
- Omeprazole (327 people, 18.53%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (292 people, 16.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Uti while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Uti
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Uti
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- If i have had a heart attack in th elast five years, can i take lasix (profemin)
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Menopause, and takes Lasix)
I take antidepressants and would like ot know if this medication would work for my Menopause symptoms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago that I think may have been linked to another antidepressant. Can I take this safely?
- Warfarin and urinary infections
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
More questions for: Furosemide, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Lichen Planus, Hepatitis C, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, ASA)
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Flagyl and hair loss
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Prozac, Vyvanse)
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Furosemide, Uti
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B12, Multivitamin, Metformin, Furosemide, Captopril, Carvedilol for a patient with Memory Loss, Low Blood Sugar, Iga Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Diabetes, Hypertension - Essential, Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Memory Loss
Comments: I lost a lot of time during a 9 month period, I can't remember what I said or did. I'm being brought up on charges of writing prescription medications after my Controlled License expired. I forgot to renew it. My husband thinks that I've lost it. I couldn't remember how to do the simplest things. I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Zyrtec Allergy, Bacillus Probiotics, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Dextromorphan Hydrobromide, Cymbalta, Lasix, Carbamazepine, Zonisamide, Tegretol, Gabapentin for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Back Injury, Seasonal Allergy, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Muscle Spasms, Cough, Depression, Fluid Retention, Trigeminal Nerve Disorder. The patient has Back Injury, Back And Forth Eye Movements, Cough, Facial Nerve Disorder
Comments: 1st 3 symptoms due to a tooth extraction on 10/22/12 by an over-zealous dentist. After much effort the tooth finally came out and he exclaimed, "Most dentists would have sent a patient with a tooth like that to an oral surgeon, but I seem to have very good luck in getting them out." Little did I k ...
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lactulose, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Atrovent, Advair Diskus 250/50, Lasix, Seroquel, Xanax, Percocet for a patient with Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Low Blood Potassium, Copd, High Blood Pressure, Mood Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis. The patient has Co2, Ammonia Increased, Ammonia Increased
Comments: Was taken to the hospital by daughter because of dementia type symptoms while on pain meds for back and being a heavy smoker. Was diagnosed in the hospital with COPD and aspiration pneumonia. Was put on Bi-pap machine but confusion symptoms did not improve. Ammonia levels were checked and were in t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Prednisone, Furosemide, Oxycontin, MS Contin for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Health, Sarcoidosis, Fluid Retention. The patient has Chronic Brain Syndrome, Fatigue - Chronic, Depression, Anger
Comments: During the past five years all of my relationships have become strained and most are currently non-existent. I have occasional outbursts where I become extremely angry and often scream and yell at those around me. I am also, and have been, for ten or more years very emotional, crying at the slight ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones, Paralysis, Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness, Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral, Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head, Fatigue - Chronic, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Cramps - Muscle, Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Dizziness, Restlessness, Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles
Comments: I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know t ...
More related studies for: Furosemide, Uti
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.