Review: could Furosemide cause Vision blurred?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 4, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 76,983 people who take Furosemide. Among them, 765 have Vision blurred. See who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Furosemide (latest outcomes from 80,751 users) has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention, swelling. Commonly reported side effects of Furosemide include dyspnoea exacerbated, breathing difficulty, weakness, renal failure acute, hypotension.
Vision blurred (latest reports from 297,808 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Mar, 4, 2014: 76,983 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 765 people (0.99%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Furosemide when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||50.00%||12.50%||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Furosemide * :
|Vision blurred||54.34%||45.66% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Furosemide * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.15%||0.15%||1.31%||0.87%||8.30%||17.18%||72.05% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Furosemide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (84 people, 10.98%)
- Pain (77 people, 10.07%)
- Depression (77 people, 10.07%)
- Multiple myeloma (71 people, 9.28%)
- Anxiety (39 people, 5.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (198 people, 25.88%)
- Lisinopril (157 people, 20.52%)
- Digoxin (142 people, 18.56%)
- Prednisone (129 people, 16.86%)
- Neurontin (129 people, 16.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Furosemide, Vision blurred
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Furosemide (furosemide) is often used for fluid retention. Find out below the conditions Furosemide is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Furosemide used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Furosemide side effects from A to Z:
Browse Furosemide drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know that this is something serious..I can feel it. I just have to get the Doctors, to find it...and fix whatever it is that is wrong.
I am trying to find what is the root cause of it all, then I might be able to find some relief.."Lord Willing". I have always been a driven individual and love life. I am a fighter and a survivor, so I will continue forward..until I find a way to the answer.
The pain level stays around 5 or 6 everyday and can be overwhelming at times, but I pray and I find relief for a moment..from The Lord. Grateful to be alive. Just want life to be normal again and to be able, to spend my time with my family that I have missed so much of.
From this study (1 year ago):
44 y/o female, type 1 diabetes 38 years, 2 heart attacks, 4 stents, congestive heart failure, renal failure. Was put on statin drugs approx. 6 years ago after first MI. Didn't feel good, felt better after I quit taking them. In January, had another MI, with stent intervention. Approximately 8 weeks later, began feeling worse again, went back to doctor. Had another angio, was told my heart was fine. Quit taking statin and pain went away almost immediately. In July, another small MI, with stent intervention and put back on statin. Immediately began having severe neck and back pain with no injury, trouble sleeping, troubling dreams, extreme fatigue. Almost 6 weeks to the day, began having moderate chest pain and returned to ER, had another angio which showed all coronary open and clear, no reason for chest and back pain.
gil on Sep, 6, 2012:
Hello. My wife seems to have the same medical issues you've had. May I know what medicines you are taking now?
Brenda on Oct, 8, 2012:
Hi - currently taking: Lantus and Humalog insulin, Coreg, Hydralazine, Wellbutrin, Celexa, Plavix, Aspirin, Ferrous Sulfate (iron). On occasion I take Lasix for fluid retention and with that I take potassium. I have recently been prescribed Ranexa by my nephrologist, but am not sure I want to take it. Supposedly it is to be taken in conjunction with the hydrazine. Since I quit taking the Statins (cholesterol meds), I feel sooooo much better. Also, I take Norco for overall pain, mostly from neuropathy in my legs.
From this study (2 years ago):
i am having severe problems reading - distance is fine
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Furosemide, Vision blurred
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Blurred vision after ipratropium bromide
blurred vision after one day use I take only herbal supplements none known for invasive reactions
- Treating copd and kidney disease
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Furosemide, Vision blurred
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones (Bone pain or tenderness), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral (Arteriovenous malformation - cerebral), Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis), Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head (Headache), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Lightheadedness - Fainting (Fainting), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Dizziness, Restlessness (Agitation), Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Coreg, Aspirin, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Sr, Celexa, Lasix, Plavix, Lantus, Humalog, Norco, Lipitor for a patient with Coronary Artery Disease, Hypertension, Depression, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes Mellitus, Pain Management, Cholesterol Test. The patient has Chest Pain, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Vision Blurred, Sinusitis, Heart Rate Irregular, Restless Leg Syndrome, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness)
- A study of drug interactions between Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Coumadin, Flovent Hfa, Lasix, Cymbalta, Spiriva, Klor-con M10 for a patient with Aortic Dissection. The patient has Vision Blurred
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Cymbalta, Lasix, Sulfasalazine, Aciphex, Vitamin B12, Vitamin A for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Pain Management, Fluid Retention, Diverticulitis, Acid Reflux, Aat Deficiency. The patient has Vision Blurred
More related studies for: Furosemide, Vision blurred
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.