Review: could Furosemide cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Furosemide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Pain.
We study 80,010 people who have side effects while taking Furosemide from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Furosemide and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Furosemide has active ingredients of furosemide. It is often used in fluid retention. (latest outcomes from 80,862 Furosemide users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,229 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 80,008 people reported to have side effects when taking Furosemide. Among them, 65 people (0.08%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Furosemide when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Furosemide * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||73.91%||26.09% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Furosemide * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.54%||18.46%||21.54%||58.46% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Furosemide ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (16 people, 24.62%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 20.00%)
- Arthritis (11 people, 16.92%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 12.31%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 10.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (14 people, 21.54%)
- Lyrica (12 people, 18.46%)
- Xanax (10 people, 15.38%)
- Prevacid (10 people, 15.38%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid (10 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of furosemide and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Furosemide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Furosemide and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Furosemide
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Isosorbide Mononitrate, Lutein, Aspirin, Lasix, Atenolol for a 100-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure, Health, Heart Attack, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Naproxen, Methocarbamol, Crestor, Lasix, Bi-sifrol, Cymbalta for a 63-year old woman with Infection, Inflammatory Pain, Muscle Relaxer, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Edema, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depression. The patient has Itching, Rash On Leg And Arm, Severe Edema, Groin Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Lasix for a 34-year old man with Fluid Retention. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
Recent Furosemide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Potassium, Lasix, Coumadin for a 80-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Furosemide for a 55-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Doxycycline Hyclate, Furosemide for a 48-year old woman who has Pre-existing Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.