Review: could Gabapentin cause Breast enlargement?
Summary: Breast enlargement is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Back pain.
We study 37,095 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Breast enlargement. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast enlargement and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Breast enlargement >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,674 Gabapentin users)
Breast enlargement has been reported by people with enlarged prostate, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 1,976 Breast enlargement patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 6 people (0.02%) have Breast Enlargement.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Breast enlargement * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breast enlargement when taking Gabapentin * :
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||83.33% |
Severity of Breast enlargement when taking Gabapentin ** :
How people recovered from Breast enlargement ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (3 people, 50.00%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Contraception (1 people, 16.67%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (4 people, 66.67%)
- Propranolol (3 people, 50.00%)
- Atorvastatin (3 people, 50.00%)
- Co-codamol (3 people, 50.00%)
- Avodart (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and breast enlargement on
Do you have Breast Enlargement while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Breast Enlargement
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Breast Enlargement
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old man with Neuropathy.
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 53-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Hallucination
- A study of drug interactions between Bisoprolol Fumarate, Gabapentin for a 66-year old woman with Irregular Heartbeat, Nerve Pain. The patient has Withdrawal From Nicotine
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.