Review: could Gabapentin cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 37,095 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,426 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Chest pain >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,674 Gabapentin users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,865 Chest pain patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 1,428 people (3.85%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||44.71%||21.18%||9.41%||15.29%||3.53%||5.88%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Gabapentin * :
|Chest pain||0.00%||0.15%||0.37%||2.91%||10.21%||23.62%||26.45%||36.29% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||21.05%||52.63%||26.32%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (152 people, 10.64%)
- Depression (135 people, 9.45%)
- Multiple sclerosis (128 people, 8.96%)
- Hypertension (121 people, 8.47%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (99 people, 6.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (413 people, 28.92%)
- Lisinopril (257 people, 18.00%)
- Zometa (233 people, 16.32%)
- Simvastatin (229 people, 16.04%)
- Neurontin (208 people, 14.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and chest pain on
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man with Pain - Back, Pain.
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 64-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Skin Ulcer
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of side effects of Adipex-p for a 38-year old woman with Weight Loss. The patient has Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 42-year old woman with Disturbance In Attention. The patient has Chest Discomfort
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.