Gabapentin and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Gabapentin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 101,543 people who have side effects when taking Gabapentin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
101,543 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin.
Among them, 6,960 people (6.85%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Gabapentin when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 27.74 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.48 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.45 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.42 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.94 %
- 10+ years: 0.97 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Gabapentin *:
- female: 65.12 %
- male: 34.88 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Gabapentin *:
- 0-1: 0.09 %
- 2-9: 0.17 %
- 10-19: 0.83 %
- 20-29: 2.31 %
- 30-39: 8.6 %
- 40-49: 14.58 %
- 50-59: 27.41 %
- 60+: 45.99 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (514 people, 7.39%)
- High Blood Pressure (425 people, 6.11%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (395 people, 5.68%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (330 people, 4.74%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (277 people, 3.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta (551 people, 7.92%)
- Vitamin D (499 people, 7.17%)
- Zometa (470 people, 6.75%)
- Aspirin (418 people, 6.01%)
- Neurontin (417 people, 5.99%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (1,617 people, 23.23%)
- Nausea (1,427 people, 20.50%)
- Dizziness (1,161 people, 16.68%)
- Diarrhea (1,056 people, 15.17%)
- Breathing Difficulty (997 people, 14.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fatigue when taking Gabapentin?
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Gabapentin 100,932 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, depression (latest reports from 389,608 Fatigue patients).