Review: could Gabapentin cause Foot pain?
Summary: Foot pain is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Cyanocobalamin, and have Depression.
We study 37,095 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Foot pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Foot pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Foot pain >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,637 Gabapentin users)
Foot pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, hypothyroidism, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 183 Foot pain patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 37,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 6 people (0.02%) have Foot Pain.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Foot pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Foot pain||0.00%||50.00%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Foot pain when taking Gabapentin * :
|Foot pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||16.67%||50.00% |
Severity of Foot pain when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Foot pain||0.00%||16.67%||83.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Foot pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Foot pain||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (3 people, 50.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 33.33%)
- Neuropathy (2 people, 33.33%)
- Crohn's disease (1 people, 16.67%)
- Vitamin b-1 deficiency (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyanocobalamin (1 people, 16.67%)
- Humira (1 people, 16.67%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 16.67%)
- Nitroglycerin (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pentasa (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and foot pain on
Do you have Foot Pain while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Foot Pain
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Foot Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old woman with Neuropathic Pain. The patient has Facial Paralysis (loss of function of face muscle)
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 47-year old man with Pain. The patient has Vision Has Become Bad Very Quickly
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.