Review: could Gabapentin cause Hallucination (Hallucinations)?
Summary: Hallucination is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Pain.
We study 37,095 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 406 have Hallucination. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Hallucination >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,655 Gabapentin users)
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, quit smoking, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 30,198 Hallucination patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 406 people (1.09%) have Hallucination.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Hallucination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Gabapentin * :
Severity of Hallucination when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (82 people, 20.20%)
- Depression (55 people, 13.55%)
- Multiple myeloma (37 people, 9.11%)
- Neuralgia (32 people, 7.88%)
- Multiple sclerosis (29 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (71 people, 17.49%)
- Zometa (70 people, 17.24%)
- Furosemide (66 people, 16.26%)
- Albuterol (63 people, 15.52%)
- Ativan (61 people, 15.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and hallucination on
Do you have Hallucination while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Hallucination
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Hallucination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Percocet for a 35-year old woman with Kidney Stones. The patient has Hallucination
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old man with Neuropathy.
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.