Gabapentin and Hallucination - from FDA reports
Hallucination is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ativan, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Hallucination with Gabapentin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 95,031 people who have side effects when taking Gabapentin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 07, 2017
95,031 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin.
Among them, 814 people (0.86%) have Hallucination
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Gabapentin when people have Hallucination *:
- < 1 month: 72.83 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.3 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.43 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.26 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.09 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Gabapentin *:
- female: 61.37 %
- male: 38.63 %
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Gabapentin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.61 %
- 10-19: 2.61 %
- 20-29: 2.0 %
- 30-39: 8.29 %
- 40-49: 11.67 %
- 50-59: 21.2 %
- 60+: 53.61 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (168 people, 20.64%)
- Depression (76 people, 9.34%)
- Neuralgia (70 people, 8.60%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (56 people, 6.88%)
- Multiple Myeloma (47 people, 5.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ativan (78 people, 9.58%)
- Zometa (77 people, 9.46%)
- Cymbalta (76 people, 9.34%)
- Oxycontin (64 people, 7.86%)
- Dexamethasone (63 people, 7.74%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (184 people, 22.60%)
- Pain (165 people, 20.27%)
- Fatigue (151 people, 18.55%)
- Stress And Anxiety (150 people, 18.43%)
- Memory Loss (129 people, 15.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination when taking Gabapentin?
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Gabapentin 100,932 users)
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 37,973 Hallucination patients).