Home > Gabapentin > High blood pressure > Gabapentin and High blood pressure
Review: could Gabapentin cause High blood pressure?
We study 36,929 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,489 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Gabapentin and have High blood pressure >>>
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,456 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,143,390 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 36,857 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 1,409 people (3.82%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Gabapentin when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||22.08%||24.68%||2.60%||10.39%||24.68%||15.58%||0.00% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Gabapentin * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.15%||0.52%||3.28%||5.74%||15.73%||29.60%||44.97% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||4.00%||60.00%||36.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||26.67%||73.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (235 people, 16.68%)
- Pain (204 people, 14.48%)
- Depression (150 people, 10.65%)
- Multiple sclerosis (125 people, 8.87%)
- Anxiety (112 people, 7.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (332 people, 23.56%)
- Neurontin (292 people, 20.72%)
- Lisinopril (251 people, 17.81%)
- Zometa (238 people, 16.89%)
- Furosemide (225 people, 15.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Gabapentin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Gabapentin, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
More reviews for: Gabapentin, High blood pressure
On eHealthMe, Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Gabapentin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Gabapentin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Ativan, Estradiol, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Sureau, Anxiety, Growth Hormone, Depression. The patient has Blood Pressure, Hydrochloride - Thioridazine
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vitamin D, Pioglitazone, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Baby Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fish Oil, Gabapentin, Acyclovir, Naproxen, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Vitamin D Decreased, Diabetic Nephropathy, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, Chronic Depression, Thyroid Disorder, Nerve Injury, Herpes Simplex, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis, Stop Smoking, Cysts - Kidneys, Vitamin B12 Abnormal, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Scoliosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Pain - Foot, Ulnar Nerve Injury, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis, Chronic Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gallstones, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Herpes Virus Infection, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Graves Disease, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Nerve Root Injury Lumbar, Nerve Root Injury Cervical
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Savella for a patient with Hot Flashes, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Hypertension
More related studies for: Gabapentin, High blood pressure
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Gabapentin, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (6 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (12 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (53 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Lupron Depot
- Breathing Difficulty Lying Down
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride Preservative Free Abraxis Pharm 2
- Groin Swelling
- Levothyroxine Sodium