Review: could Gabapentin cause Joint pain?
We study 36,686 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin. Among them, 1,292 have Joint pain. Find out who they are, when they have Joint pain and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,091 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia, pain. Commonly reported side effects of Gabapentin include pain exacerbated, pain, acupuncture and pain, nausea, nausea aggravated.
Joint pain (latest reports from 791,242 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis.
On Feb, 24, 2014: 34,245 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 1,191 people (3.48%) have Joint Pain.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint pain||29.58%||22.54%||15.49%||12.68%||8.45%||9.86%||1.41% |
Age of people who have Joint pain when taking Gabapentin * :
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.44%||2.66%||6.21%||19.06%||35.37%||36.26% |
Severity of Joint pain when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint pain||5.26%||36.84%||57.89%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Joint pain||0.00%||9.09%||90.91% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (188 people, 15.79%)
- Depression (126 people, 10.58%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (107 people, 8.98%)
- Osteoporosis (105 people, 8.82%)
- Hypertension (103 people, 8.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (303 people, 25.44%)
- Neurontin (254 people, 21.33%)
- Aspirin (251 people, 21.07%)
- Omeprazole (231 people, 19.40%)
- Prednisone (215 people, 18.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Gabapentin, Joint pain
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used for neuralgia. Find out below the conditions Gabapentin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Gabapentin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Gabapentin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Gabapentin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
I am on Remicade once a month since July 22nd of 2013. Had a great response until I hurt my low back again. Then the back pain just worked it's way right up my spine to the neck. I have had neck fusion one level...several bad discs. A knee replacement, a shoulder reconstruction etc. The numbness and tingling in my left hand and buzzing in my left ear are driving me nuts. A recent hearing exam showed I had nerve problems there as well. Don't know what to think. Had a brain MRI it showed normal. Now thinking a spinal tap in order?
From this study (2 months ago):
intermittant chest pressure, intermittant headaches
From this study (2 months ago):
Also treat mild to moderate asthma.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Gabapentin, Joint pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Gabapentin, Joint pain
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Succinate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Topamax, Remicade for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Pain, Nerve Pain, Migraine, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Shingles (Herpes zoster), Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Nerve Pain (Neuralgia), Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Loss For Words, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Loss Of Hearing (Hearing loss), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness (Weakness), Sensation Of Heaviness, Dizziness, Tingling In Knees, Fumbling, Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears (Tinnitus), Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Gabapentin, Oxcarbazepine for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The patient has Chest Tightness Or Pressure (Chest pain), Headache, Coordination Impairment (Movement - uncoordinated), Joint Pain, Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing), Flu (The flu)
- A study of drug interactions between Clorazepate Dipotassium, Allegra, Acetaminophen, Fluconazole, Protonix, Gabapentin for a patient with Insomnia Concerns, Hay Fever, Muscle Stiffness, Candidiasis, Stomach Ulcer, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Gastrointestinal Candidiasis, Ulcer - Stomach (Gastric ulcer), Fibromyalgia
More related studies for: Gabapentin, Joint pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.