Review: could Gabapentin cause Lightheadedness - dizzy (Dizziness)?
Summary: Lightheadedness - dizzy is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 37,117 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,072 have Lightheadedness - dizzy. Find out below who they are, when they have Lightheadedness - dizzy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Lightheadedness - dizzy >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,674 Gabapentin users)
Lightheadedness - dizzy
Lightheadedness - dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 162,055 Lightheadedness - dizzy patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 2,065 people (5.57%) have Lightheadedness - Dizzy.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Lightheadedness - dizzy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lightheadedness - dizzy||42.59%||27.00%||10.65%||7.22%||6.84%||5.32%||0.38% |
Age of people who have Lightheadedness - dizzy when taking Gabapentin * :
|Lightheadedness - dizzy||0.00%||0.00%||0.86%||3.35%||10.70%||13.24%||25.71%||46.15% |
Severity of Lightheadedness - dizzy when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lightheadedness - dizzy||10.39%||68.83%||19.48%||1.30% |
How people recovered from Lightheadedness - dizzy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lightheadedness - dizzy||0.00%||6.06%||93.94% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (285 people, 13.80%)
- Depression (185 people, 8.96%)
- Hypertension (161 people, 7.80%)
- Multiple sclerosis (140 people, 6.78%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (122 people, 5.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (378 people, 18.31%)
- Lyrica (333 people, 16.13%)
- Neurontin (321 people, 15.54%)
- Lisinopril (298 people, 14.43%)
- Omeprazole (257 people, 12.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and lightheadedness - dizzy on
Do you have Lightheadedness - Dizzy while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Lightheadedness - Dizzy
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Lightheadedness - Dizzy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old man with Neuropathy.
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 53-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Hallucination
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Occasional Outbreak Of What Seems Like Insect Bites Underneath My Thigh, Reflux, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Bisoprolol Fumarate, Gabapentin for a 66-year old woman with Irregular Heartbeat, Nerve Pain. The patient has Withdrawal From Nicotine
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.