Home > Gabapentin > Loss of sensation > Gabapentin and Loss of sensation
Review: could Gabapentin cause Loss of sensation (Numbness and tingling)?
We study 36,929 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 116 have Loss of sensation. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of sensation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Loss of sensation >>>
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,456 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
Loss of sensation
Loss of sensation (unusual prickling sensations) (latest reports from 31,451 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 36,929 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 116 people (0.31%) have Loss Of Sensation.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Loss of sensation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of sensation||11.11%||27.78%||22.22%||22.22%||5.56%||11.11%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Loss of sensation when taking Gabapentin * :
|Loss of sensation||0.00%||0.00%||0.93%||17.76%||15.89%||18.69%||18.69%||28.04% |
Severity of Loss of sensation when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of sensation||22.73%||45.45%||31.82%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of sensation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of sensation||0.00%||5.88%||94.12% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (25 people, 21.55%)
- Multiple myeloma (15 people, 12.93%)
- Depression (9 people, 7.76%)
- Restless legs syndrome (7 people, 6.03%)
- Muscle spasticity (7 people, 6.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (22 people, 18.97%)
- Aspirin (21 people, 18.10%)
- Percocet (19 people, 16.38%)
- Lisinopril (19 people, 16.38%)
- Neurontin (19 people, 16.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Sensation while taking Gabapentin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Loss Of Sensation
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Loss Of Sensation
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- Did anyone stop losing hair after being off gabapentin?
I had been taking gabapentin for interstitial cystitis. I had only been on it for 5 months and a couple of months in I noticed everytime I took a shower tons of hair was coming out and when ever I ran my fingers through my hair I always had a lot of hair come out then too. It has become very dry an ...
More questions for: Gabapentin, Loss of sensation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Neurotin and venous insufficiency
I have been on neurotin/gabapentin for 8 years with in the last 3 years I have developed venous insufficiency with reoccurring ulcers near my ankle bones both on the medial and lateral sides of the ankles.I have endured 2 ablations. The first in the left leg for the lesser saphenous vein and one on ...
More reviews for: Gabapentin, Loss of sensation
On eHealthMe, Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used for neuralgia. Find out below the conditions Gabapentin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Gabapentin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Estradiol, Clonazepam, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Nexium for a patient with Erythromelalgia, Menopausal Symptoms, Rls, Chronic Depression, Gastritis - Chronic. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Feet Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Neuropathy. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones, Paralysis, Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness, Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral, Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head, Fatigue - Chronic, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Cramps - Muscle, Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Dizziness, Restlessness, Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles
More related studies for: Gabapentin, Loss of sensation
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Gabapentin, Loss of sensation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.