Review: could Gabapentin cause Mycobacterial infection?
Summary: Mycobacterial infection is reported only by a few people who take Gabapentin.
We study 37,067 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Mycobacterial infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Mycobacterial infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Mycobacterial infection >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,609 Gabapentin users)
Mycobacterial infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, hiv infection, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, psoriasis. (latest reports from 769 Mycobacterial infection patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 37,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Mycobacterial Infection.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Mycobacterial infection * :
Age of people who have Mycobacterial infection when taking Gabapentin * :
|Mycobacterial infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Mycobacterial infection when taking Gabapentin ** :
How people recovered from Mycobacterial infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Azithromycin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Citalopram hydrobromide (1 people, 33.33%)
- Megace (1 people, 33.33%)
- Guaifenesin (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mycobacterial Infection while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Mycobacterial Infection
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Mycobacterial Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Neurontin, Linzess for a 48-year old woman with Gallbladder Disease, Muscle Spasms, Constipation. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pancreatitis, Fatty Liver Alcoholic
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.