Review: could Gabapentin cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 37,095 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,598 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,637 Gabapentin users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 142,488 Nausea and vomiting patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 1,598 people (4.31%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||40.15%||31.06%||9.85%||3.79%||10.61%||3.79%||0.76% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Gabapentin * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.07%||0.33%||0.73%||3.65%||10.88%||20.36%||27.65%||36.34% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||10.00%||55.00%||25.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||18.18%||81.82% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (262 people, 16.40%)
- Depression (138 people, 8.64%)
- Nausea (113 people, 7.07%)
- Multiple sclerosis (110 people, 6.88%)
- Anxiety (103 people, 6.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (329 people, 20.59%)
- Omeprazole (246 people, 15.39%)
- Zometa (240 people, 15.02%)
- Neurontin (211 people, 13.20%)
- Lisinopril (193 people, 12.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and nausea and vomiting on
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 47-year old man with Pain. The patient has Vision Has Become Bad Very Quickly
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 78-year old woman with Shingles. The patient has Intermittent Pyrexia (recurring fever episodes separated by times of normal temperature)
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.