Review: could Gabapentin cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 37,117 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,598 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,674 Gabapentin users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 142,502 Nausea and vomiting patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 1,598 people (4.31%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||40.15%||31.06%||9.85%||3.79%||10.61%||3.79%||0.76% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Gabapentin * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.07%||0.33%||0.73%||3.65%||10.88%||20.36%||27.65%||36.34% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||10.00%||55.00%||25.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||18.18%||81.82% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (262 people, 16.40%)
- Depression (138 people, 8.64%)
- Nausea (113 people, 7.07%)
- Multiple sclerosis (110 people, 6.88%)
- Anxiety (103 people, 6.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (329 people, 20.59%)
- Omeprazole (246 people, 15.39%)
- Zometa (240 people, 15.02%)
- Neurontin (211 people, 13.20%)
- Lisinopril (193 people, 12.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and nausea and vomiting on
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Paracetamol, Butrans, Levoprome, Seroquel for a 24-year old woman with Pain - Back, Bipolar Mania.
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 42-year old woman with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man with Pain - Back, Pain.
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 64-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Skin Ulcer
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Thinking - Unclear, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Tinnitus
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.