Home > Gabapentin > Psoriasis > Gabapentin and Psoriasis
Review: could Gabapentin cause Psoriasis?
Summary: Psoriasis is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Humira, and have Psoriasis.
We study 36,929 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 105 have Psoriasis. Find out below who they are, when they have Psoriasis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Psoriasis >>>
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,482 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) (latest reports from 139,472 patients) has been reported by people with psoriatic arthropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 36,929 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 105 people (0.28%) have Psoriasis.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Psoriasis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Gabapentin * :
Severity of Psoriasis when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Psoriasis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Psoriasis (39 people, 37.14%)
- Pain (20 people, 19.05%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (18 people, 17.14%)
- Depression (14 people, 13.33%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (13 people, 12.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (37 people, 35.24%)
- Baclofen (22 people, 20.95%)
- Ambien (19 people, 18.10%)
- Omeprazole (19 people, 18.10%)
- Allopurinol (17 people, 16.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Psoriasis while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Psoriasis
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Psoriasis
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, Renal Failure - Chronic, Bladder Distension, and takes Pyridoxine, Methylcobalamin, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Gabapentin)
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- Did anyone stop losing hair after being off gabapentin?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Interstitial Cystitis.losing Hair, and takes Gabapentin )
I had been taking gabapentin for interstitial cystitis. I had only been on it for 5 months and a couple of months in I noticed everytime I took a shower tons of hair was coming out and when ever I ran my fingers through my hair I always had a lot of hair come out then too. It has become very dry an ...
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
More questions for: Gabapentin, Psoriasis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My friend died of sepsis while having taken humera for a year.
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Humira)
My friend said she didn't feel good but was still active until about 20 hours before her death in the ICU on a ventilator from sepsis. She was just 55. This is a horror story. People are devastated.
- Psoriasis and flomax
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has BPH, Psoriasis, Sore Mouth, Cheeks, Gums And Lips, and takes Flomax)
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking ...
- Etanercept and irritability
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Irritability, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthropathy For 55years., and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Etanercept for 8 years for Psoriasis. Previous to this I was on
Methotrexate, Cyclosporine, Retinodes and ACTH injections.Since being on 25mg twice a week I have been 98% clear.The only side effect to date is "Irritability" which lasts about 24hrs.
This Drug has been my saving grac ...
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Cough and gabapentin
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Chronic Cough, and takes Gabapentin)
Have chronic cough for 6 yr's at least.3 yr's ago it got bad enough to seek doc. Help. Took all the tests . Tried to tell me I had asthma,copd, ect. Put me on sprivia, symbicort, singular, helped a little for awhile. Long story short. Went to one doc. He asked me some questions about my cough. Figu ...
More reviews for: Gabapentin, Psoriasis
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a patient with Diabetes. The patient has Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin)
Comments: I developed severe psoriasis within 2 weeks of starting januvia. I never had psoriasis before.
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Neck Pain. The patient has Back Pain - Low
Comments: I have been taking gabapentin for 11months and the dose has been gradually increased to 3 x 300mg 4 times a day. Over the last month I have started to get pain in my upper left side of my back which radiates to the left side.
I am concerned this may be causing harm to my pancreas.
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine Sulfate, Sumatriptan, Sertraline, Zorvolex, Topiramate, Gabapentin, Carbamazepine, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Baclofen for a patient with Pain, Migraine, Depression, Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome, Neuralgia. The patient has Red Blood Cell Count Decreased
Comments: No yet taken any drugs to remedy
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
More related studies for: Gabapentin, Psoriasis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.