Review: could Gabapentin cause Psoriasis?
Summary: Psoriasis is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Humira, and have Psoriasis.
We study 36,957 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 105 have Psoriasis. Find out below who they are, when they have Psoriasis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Psoriasis >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Gabapentin 39,518 users)
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) has been reported by people with psoriatic arthropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Psoriasis 67,969 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 36,957 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 105 people (0.28%) have Psoriasis.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Psoriasis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Gabapentin * :
Severity of Psoriasis when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Psoriasis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Psoriasis (39 people, 37.14%)
- Pain (20 people, 19.05%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (18 people, 17.14%)
- Depression (14 people, 13.33%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (13 people, 12.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (37 people, 35.24%)
- Baclofen (22 people, 20.95%)
- Ambien (19 people, 18.10%)
- Omeprazole (19 people, 18.10%)
- Allopurinol (17 people, 16.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Psoriasis while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Psoriasis
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Psoriasis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone else have peripheral neuropathy? anyone have pn with lichen sclerosus? i have pain in hands, feet and face.
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Peripheral Neuropathy)
Pain much worse at end of day and when I overdo. Sleep difficult - but essential! Feel so much better if I get 6+ hours. At the moment, very distressed by swollen lips (mostly inside mouth) and tissue surrounding eyes. I'm sure I have some arthritis in my fingers and toes. I also have had lichen sclerosus on my skin for nearly 20 years. Have had the PN for 15 years or so. I'm afraid that the medications can actually make the condition worse. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral, Renal Failure - Chronic, Bladder Distension, and takes Pyridoxine, Methylcobalamin, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Gabapentin)
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicines for neuropathy so I doubt some side effect of these medicines as Ultrasound has shown bladder distension but I do not feel any urinary problem at present. I also have kidney stones but seeing the ultrasound report , doctor said it is not hindering with urine passage . I feel some tightness , fullness and protruded lower abdomen part. I am aged 72 from India and am vegetarian.I also take some drugs for controlling blood pressure . I have elevated Blood urea at present (52) . I was given medicine to relax prostrate muscles for last 20 days but I did not feel any improvement in my bladder size. I had had my prostrate operated 2 years back.
- Did anyone stop losing hair after being off gabapentin?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Interstitial Cystitis.losing Hair, and takes Gabapentin )
I had been taking gabapentin for interstitial cystitis. I had only been on it for 5 months and a couple of months in I noticed everytime I took a shower tons of hair was coming out and when ever I ran my fingers through my hair I always had a lot of hair come out then too. It has become very dry and brittle and breaks easily. I wish I never took this medication. I have been off of it for 2 weeks and I am still losing hair. I was wondering if anyone after being off this medication stopped losing hair and if new hair started growing back.
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
More questions for: Gabapentin, Psoriasis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My friend died of sepsis while having taken humera for a year.
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Humira)
My friend said she didn't feel good but was still active until about 20 hours before her death in the ICU on a ventilator from sepsis. She was just 55. This is a horror story. People are devastated.
- Psoriasis and flomax
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has BPH, Psoriasis, Sore Mouth, Cheeks, Gums And Lips, and takes Flomax)
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking at medicines side effect. I found out on the internet last week that Flomax might be the culpert.
It has been one week since I stopped taking it and today my leg psoriasis is starting to fade away. Has not itched all day today. TYJ!
The patch on my scalp is doing the same. The scalp thickness has improved tremendously. I just hope I don't start having trouble with my BPH again, so for so good.
- Etanercept and irritability
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Irritability, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthropathy For 55years., and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Etanercept for 8 years for Psoriasis. Previous to this I was on
Methotrexate, Cyclosporine, Retinodes and ACTH injections.Since being on 25mg twice a week I have been 98% clear.The only side effect to date is "Irritability" which lasts about 24hrs.
This Drug has been my saving grace.
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Cough and gabapentin
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Chronic Cough, and takes Gabapentin)
Have chronic cough for 6 yr's at least.3 yr's ago it got bad enough to seek doc. Help. Took all the tests . Tried to tell me I had asthma,copd, ect. Put me on sprivia, symbicort, singular, helped a little for awhile. Long story short. Went to one doc. He asked me some questions about my cough. Figured out it usually started with a tickle on the left side of my throat. And he put me on gabapentin 300mg. 3 times Aday. Which is for nerve damage. It took about 7days to see some change. And about 35days To stop the chronic cough. I still cough once in awhile. But no chronic coughing. Now I am going to try and see if I can stop the other med,s one at a time and see what happens
More reviews for: Gabapentin, Psoriasis
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Hands have myoclonic jerks. Then I noticed that my shoulders and fingers were twitching/jerking . Anytime I hold something or try to type, for example, the myoclonus jerks gets really bad. This morning it's bad. Up to this point, it has taken me almost an hour to type this.
- I have been taking gabapentin for 11months and the dose has been gradually increased to 3 x 300mg 4 times a day. Over the last month I have started to get pain in my upper left side of my back which radiates to the left side.
I am concerned this may be causing harm to my pancreas.
- Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- I have no ear wax. My ears stop producing wax 4 years ago after a bad case of itching, and after using prescription ear drops and going to the doctor biweekly for a month to let doctor squirt a puff of powder in each ear. After all of this no more ear wax, and I woke up with left ear stopped up, and ...
More related studies for: Gabapentin, Psoriasis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.