Review: could Gabapentin cause Seizure (Seizures)?
Summary: Seizure is reported only by a few people who take Gabapentin.
We study 37,095 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Seizure. Find out below who they are, when they have Seizure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Seizure >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,655 Gabapentin users)
Seizure (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, pain, epilepsy. (latest reports from 2,117 Seizure patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Seizure.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Seizure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Seizure when taking Gabapentin * :
Severity of Seizure when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Seizure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nerve pain (2 people, 66.67%)
- Muscle spasms (1 people, 33.33%)
- Grand mal seizure (1 people, 33.33%)
- Spinal stenosis (1 people, 33.33%)
- Chronic pain (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Baclofen (1 people, 33.33%)
- Clonazepam (1 people, 33.33%)
- Zohydro er (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tramadol (1 people, 33.33%)
- Trazodone hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Seizure while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Seizure
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Seizure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.