Review: could Gabapentin cause Short-term memory loss (Memory loss)?
Summary: Short-term memory loss is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 37,117 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,067 have Short-term memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Short-term memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Short-term memory loss >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,674 Gabapentin users)
Short-term memory loss
Short-term Memory Loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,469 Short-term Memory Loss patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 1,067 people (2.88%) have Short-term Memory Loss.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Short-term memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Short-term memory loss||24.72%||12.92%||26.97%||10.67%||17.98%||6.18%||0.56% |
Age of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Gabapentin * :
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.59%||3.33%||11.07%||18.90%||34.18%||31.93% |
Severity of Short-term memory loss when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Short-term memory loss||9.62%||51.92%||34.62%||3.85% |
How people recovered from Short-term memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Short-term memory loss||3.03%||3.03%||93.94% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (155 people, 14.53%)
- Depression (148 people, 13.87%)
- Neuralgia (135 people, 12.65%)
- Hypertension (115 people, 10.78%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (98 people, 9.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (212 people, 19.87%)
- Lyrica (163 people, 15.28%)
- Simvastatin (146 people, 13.68%)
- Cymbalta (139 people, 13.03%)
- Ambien (137 people, 12.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and short-term memory loss on
Do you have Short-term Memory Loss while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Short-term Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Short-term Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old man with Neuropathy.
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.