Home > Gabapentin > Sleeping > Gabapentin and Sleeping
Review: could Gabapentin cause Sleeping (Insomnia)?
We study 36,929 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,233 have Sleeping. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleeping and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Sleeping >>>
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,456 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
Sleeping (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 763,667 patients) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 21, 2014: 36,857 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 1,233 people (3.35%) have Sleeping.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Sleeping * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sleeping when taking Gabapentin * :
Severity of Sleeping when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleeping ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (177 people, 14.36%)
- Depression (156 people, 12.65%)
- Anxiety (112 people, 9.08%)
- Hypertension (101 people, 8.19%)
- Multiple sclerosis (94 people, 7.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (224 people, 18.17%)
- Neurontin (202 people, 16.38%)
- Cymbalta (177 people, 14.36%)
- Ambien (166 people, 13.46%)
- Vicodin (161 people, 13.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleeping while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Sleeping
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- Did anyone stop losing hair after being off gabapentin?
I had been taking gabapentin for interstitial cystitis. I had only been on it for 5 months and a couple of months in I noticed everytime I took a shower tons of hair was coming out and when ever I ran my fingers through my hair I always had a lot of hair come out then too. It has become very dry an ...
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Does neurontin cause arthritis. after taking it for 3 months, i started ints.
After having sciatic pain for almost a year, a doctor prescribed Neurontin. I took it for 3 months until I started getting severe joint pain. I weened myself off of it a month ago and am still having severe joint pain. There has not been any other changes in my life except Neurontin. Does this go ...
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
More questions for: Gabapentin, Sleeping
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Neurotin and venous insufficiency
I have been on neurotin/gabapentin for 8 years with in the last 3 years I have developed venous insufficiency with reoccurring ulcers near my ankle bones both on the medial and lateral sides of the ankles.I have endured 2 ablations. The first in the left leg for the lesser saphenous vein and one on ...
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Gralise-visual hallucinations
1st dose started while sleeping. Accompanied by disorientation and balance problems. Woke from sleep crying.
- Insomnia from suboxone
Does Suboxone cause insomnia? Hell yes, I haven't slept properly for years and I wish I had never gone on it. My night is my day and daybreak is when i'm heading off to sleep,I try to wake up about 11 am but that is still half the day gone. I am so so over it, all I can do is reduce my dose
and th ...
- Idiopathic insomnolence
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
More reviews for: Gabapentin, Sleeping
On eHealthMe, Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used for neuralgia. Find out below the conditions Gabapentin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Gabapentin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Baclofen, Ferrous Fumarate, Esomeprazole Sodium, Prednisone, Gabapentin for a patient with Pain, Muscle Spasms, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, Sarcoidosis, Neuropathy. The patient has Muscle Cramps, Muscle Weakness, Swollen Legs, Sleeplessness, Itchy All Over, Dizziness, Spiking Temperature, Numbness, Leg Pain, Hot Hands
- A study of drug interactions between Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Acetaminophen, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Lower Cholesterol, Pain, Spasticity, Thalamic Infarction. The patient has Bone Pain, Depression, Anxiety, Sleeplessness, Nausea, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Enbrel, Sulfasalazine, Benicar, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a patient with Anaemia Postoperative, Malabsorption, Neuropathic Pain, Arthritis - Psoriatic, Hbp, Pain Management. The patient has Insomnia, Anxiety Postoperative, Neuropathic Pain, Chronic Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Subutex, Effexor, Vistaril, Melatonin for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Dependence, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Uncontrollable Urination, Insomnia, Drowsiness, Compulsions, Loss Of Appetite
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Levothyroxine Sodium, Gabapentin, Sertraline, Ponstel, Colace, Zopiclone for a patient with Joint Hypermobility, Hypothyroidism, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Anxiety, Cramps - Menstrual, Constipation. The patient has Difficulty Urinating, Diminished Libido, Weight Gain, Sleeping Difficulty, Exhaustion, Headache, Depression, Grinding Teeth, Migraine With Aura, Temperature Fluxtuations, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Flexeril, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Diclofenac Sodium for a patient with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Sleep Walking, Insomnia, Confusional State, Nodding Of Head
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Neurontin for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Clomid, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Fluvoxamine Maleate, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride And Atropine Sulfate, Liothyronine Sodium, Gabapentin, Budesonide for a patient with Testosterone, Nausea, Obsessive Thoughts, Inflammation, Indigestion, Insomnia, Diarrhea, Overactive Thyroid, Nerve Pain. The patient has Depression Suicidal, Pain, Insomnia, Dizziness, Nausea, Impotence, Muscle Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Neurontin, Lipitor, Diovan, Vivelle-dot, Norethindrone Acetate - 5MG, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, Nizatidine, Humalog Pen, Lantus, Aspirin, Folic Acid, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Percocet, Lunesta, Vitamin D for a patient with Low Thyroid, Nerve Damage - Diabetic, Diabetes, Diabetic Foot Infection, Perimenopause, Autoimmune Disorders, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Heart Protection, Cramps - Leg, Ace Levels, Pain Management, Sleeplessness. The patient has Sleeplessness, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Neuropathic Pain, Anxiety, Depression Post-operative
More related studies for: Gabapentin, Sleeping
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamin E, Warfarin Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin for a 66-year old man who has Neuropathy Peripheral
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica for a 56-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Pregabalin, Gabapentin, Xanax Xr for a 39-year old man who has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica, Vicodin, Effexor, Ultram for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Cymbalta, Neurontin for a 72-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Vistaril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Effexor Xr for a 50-year old woman who has Depression Anxiety
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Gabapentin for a 31-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lyrica, Gabapentin for a 63-year old man who has Neuropathy - Peripheral
- Comparions of Lyrica, Gabapentin for a 44-year old woman who has Nerve Damage - Diabetic
- Comparions of Mirapex, Neurontin for a 44-year old man who has RLS
More related comparison studies for: Gabapentin, Sleeping
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (2 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Ortho Novum 1/50 28
- (3 Carboxy2 Hydroxypropyl) Trimethylammonium Hydroxide Inner Salt
- Cigarette Smoking