Review: could Gabapentin cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Pain.
We study 37,095 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,019 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Stomach pain >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,637 Gabapentin users)
Stomach pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 78,050 Stomach pain patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 37,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 1,019 people (2.75%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||30.88%||44.12%||8.82%||5.88%||5.88%||0.00%||4.41% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Gabapentin * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.32%||0.84%||2.95%||10.64%||21.81%||29.61%||33.83% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||35.00%||55.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||8.33%||91.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (149 people, 14.62%)
- Depression (107 people, 10.50%)
- Hypertension (72 people, 7.07%)
- Anxiety (63 people, 6.18%)
- Multiple myeloma (60 people, 5.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (218 people, 21.39%)
- Zometa (217 people, 21.30%)
- Aspirin (207 people, 20.31%)
- Aredia (167 people, 16.39%)
- Neurontin (167 people, 16.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and stomach pain on
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Meloxicam, Gabapentin for a 68-year old man with Joint Pain, Tendon Pain. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 51-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Nausea, Abdominal Pain
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 41-year old man with Neuropathy. The patient has Inherited Cardiac Conduction Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Celebrex for a 60-year old woman with Fibromyalgia, Spinal Column Stenosis. The patient has Weakness, Muscle Atrophy
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.