Review: could Gabapentin cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 37,117 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 365 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Stomach upset >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,674 Gabapentin users)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,502 Stomach upset patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 1,598 people (4.31%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||40.15%||31.06%||9.85%||3.79%||10.61%||3.79%||0.76% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Gabapentin * :
|Stomach upset||0.07%||0.33%||0.73%||3.65%||10.88%||20.36%||27.65%||36.34% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||10.00%||55.00%||25.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||18.18%||81.82% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (262 people, 16.40%)
- Depression (138 people, 8.64%)
- Nausea (113 people, 7.07%)
- Multiple sclerosis (110 people, 6.88%)
- Anxiety (103 people, 6.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (329 people, 20.59%)
- Omeprazole (246 people, 15.39%)
- Zometa (240 people, 15.02%)
- Neurontin (211 people, 13.20%)
- Lisinopril (193 people, 12.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and stomach upset on
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 64-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Skin Ulcer
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Thinking - Unclear, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old man with Neuropathy.
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.