Home > Gabapentin > Tardive dyskinesia > Gabapentin and Tardive dyskinesia
Review: could Gabapentin cause Tardive dyskinesia?
We study 36,929 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 151 have Tardive dyskinesia. Find out below who they are, when they have Tardive dyskinesia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Tardive dyskinesia >>>
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,456 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
Tardive dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements) (latest reports from 95,330 patients) has been reported by people with indigestion, abdominal distension, bipolar disorder, depression, gastrointestinal disorder.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 36,929 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 151 people (0.41%) have Tardive Dyskinesia.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Tardive dyskinesia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tardive dyskinesia||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Tardive dyskinesia when taking Gabapentin * :
|Tardive dyskinesia||0.00%||0.00%||1.75%||1.75%||0.88%||26.32%||21.93%||47.37% |
Severity of Tardive dyskinesia when taking Gabapentin ** :
How people recovered from Tardive dyskinesia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (45 people, 29.80%)
- Bipolar disorder (17 people, 11.26%)
- Anxiety (14 people, 9.27%)
- Psychotic disorder (13 people, 8.61%)
- Affective disorder (12 people, 7.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoclopramide (71 people, 47.02%)
- Nexium (49 people, 32.45%)
- Lipitor (43 people, 28.48%)
- Aspirin (37 people, 24.50%)
- Omeprazole (36 people, 23.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tardive Dyskinesia while taking Gabapentin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Tardive Dyskinesia
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Tardive Dyskinesia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- What are effects of psychiatric medications on milk thistle?
I have schizophrenia and I take all the modern drugs to combat - including haldol, risperidone, and generic seroquel. I was just wondering because of a bloated stomach would milk thistle interact with these medications. I just heard it was good for you. 'educated theory', non-publicized by me, both ...
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
More questions for: Gabapentin, Tardive dyskinesia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Neurotin and venous insufficiency
I have been on neurotin/gabapentin for 8 years with in the last 3 years I have developed venous insufficiency with reoccurring ulcers near my ankle bones both on the medial and lateral sides of the ankles.I have endured 2 ablations. The first in the left leg for the lesser saphenous vein and one on ...
More reviews for: Gabapentin, Tardive dyskinesia
On eHealthMe, Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Gabapentin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Gabapentin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Gabapentin, Tardive dyskinesia
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Gabapentin, Tardive dyskinesia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (25 seconds ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (6 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (50 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Italian Fitch
- Transplant Liver
- Upper Extremity Mass
- Pancreas Infection