Review: could Gabapentin cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 37,095 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 324 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,655 Gabapentin users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,523 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 324 people (0.87%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||21.43%||42.86%||14.29%||0.00%||14.29%||7.14%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Gabapentin * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.71%||6.48%||19.45%||28.67%||43.69% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||25.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (57 people, 17.59%)
- Anxiety (42 people, 12.96%)
- Multiple sclerosis (38 people, 11.73%)
- Hypertension (36 people, 11.11%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (31 people, 9.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (87 people, 26.85%)
- Furosemide (73 people, 22.53%)
- Ambien (70 people, 21.60%)
- Protonix (67 people, 20.68%)
- Simvastatin (66 people, 20.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 42-year old woman with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man with Pain - Back, Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Lipitor, Cardizem for a 65-year old man with Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 64-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Skin Ulcer
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Tylenol, Gabapentin for a 75-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.