Review: could Gabapentin cause Vision blurred?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 27, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 36,686 people who take Gabapentin. Among them, 675 have Vision blurred. See who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,091 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia, pain. Commonly reported side effects of Gabapentin include pain exacerbated, pain, acupuncture and pain, nausea, nausea aggravated.
Vision blurred (latest reports from 299,224 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 34,245 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 675 people (1.97%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||49.35%||25.97%||5.19%||1.30%||16.88%||1.30%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Gabapentin * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||1.10%||1.73%||11.32%||23.27%||21.23%||41.35% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||12.50%||37.50%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (122 people, 18.07%)
- Multiple sclerosis (79 people, 11.70%)
- Depression (73 people, 10.81%)
- Hypertension (63 people, 9.33%)
- Anxiety (49 people, 7.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (121 people, 17.93%)
- Neurontin (118 people, 17.48%)
- Aspirin (112 people, 16.59%)
- Zometa (93 people, 13.78%)
- Lisinopril (84 people, 12.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Gabapentin, Vision blurred
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used for neuralgia. Find out below the conditions Gabapentin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Gabapentin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Gabapentin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Gabapentin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know that this is something serious..I can feel it. I just have to get the Doctors, to find it...and fix whatever it is that is wrong.
I am trying to find what is the root cause of it all, then I might be able to find some relief.."Lord Willing". I have always been a driven individual and love life. I am a fighter and a survivor, so I will continue forward..until I find a way to the answer.
The pain level stays around 5 or 6 everyday and can be overwhelming at times, but I pray and I find relief for a moment..from The Lord. Grateful to be alive. Just want life to be normal again and to be able, to spend my time with my family that I have missed so much of.
From this study (5 months ago):
I have a colostomy, hypertension, hypothroidism, weakened immune system, chronic depression, renal failure - stage 2, liver disease, arthritis, and fybromyalgia.
I have been cold for two days, ache in my back and liver, neck is stiff, throat is sore, body temp is 96.3, b/P is 151/101, pulse is 86. Do I have pneumonia?
From this study (11 months ago):
Kevin Peters Ph.d on Mar, 4, 2013:
Sammy, I'm a white 45 male; just wanted to agree on that Klonopin remark. When I was 21 I had my second kidney transplant which was a BAD issue all together, at any rate the hospital did not include my medications taken at home after my surgery. I went thru the worst hallucinations and jerking and seizures you could ever possibly imagine. This went on for almost 3 1/2 weeks before we decided to have me taken OUT of the hospital and relocated before they ended up taking my life. Then the whole staff of paychology including the chief of psychiatry cane in my room to see what they could do, Finallu. During one of my few moments of clarity the C.O.F after blaming me if talking "drugs" prior to my transplant listened to my word of telling him the meds I was on before being admitted. After asking when was the last time I had received my Klonopin and me not knowing, he then reviewed the charts, and didn't see me receiving this med once. He stormed out of the room of about 9 docs and came back in with two Klonopin; for the first time in almost 4 weeks and after three surgeries the first 72 hours I was hospitalized, I was sleeping like a baby, for about 49 hours with NO MORE hallucinations, or seizures or jerking! I finally got out of there without a kidney since that kidney was supposed to go to another man named the same as I in a different city! I do take Xanax and probably always will. The half life on Klonopin is much different hence one if its dangers, Nevwr Ever stop this drug cold! I've been on dialysis 25 1/2 years now and suffered from intense skin cancers, but have fought and done all I can do to live a normal as possible life, working full time except when I'm in yet another surgery, over 32 general anesthetic procedures since 1987. I was the youngest boy-man to ever be on the USA soccer team ready to play in the Korea 1988 Olympics. What a change in life.....
All the Best,
chris on Jun, 4, 2011:
i have been taking clonzepam and trazedone and my speech is a very hoarse voice, I am wondering if if my speech problem is from these drugs's side effects.
TwoDimes on Apr, 15, 2012:
Upon occasion, I, too, have become hoarse and from the use of Klonopin. I was VERY hoarse when I tried to cold turkey off of 4mgs of Klonopin. I am now down to 1.5mgs per day and, still, (as I said, upon occasion, I become hoarse. I am sure that the use of Klonopin is the causative factor. - TwoDimes -
SammySushi on Jul, 10, 2012:
Omigosh, never cold turkey clonopin, esp that high of a dose. My dad had a major seizure and hallucinations doing so.
Christophe on Nov, 13, 2012:
I suffer from Hypothyroidism, High Cholesterol & Cancer survivor because of Zyprexa use and previously being prescribed Carbamezapine causing Thyroid damage. My best advice to you if you don't want Hypothyroidism is have regular blood tests, Thyroid damage can be undetected for up to 5 years with no symptoms found on regular blood tests prematurally. Make sure you buy iodised salt to use on food when eating this will help reduce your risk of getting Hypothyroidism. two signs of Hypothyriodism which the Carbamezapine & Zyprexa medication boxes labels wont tell you is if your face becomes puffed up, red or sun sensitive while taking these medications this is a sign of Hypothyroidism. It wont be found on your blood test but later on it could appear out of the blue. The other sign to look for is baldness or hair loss on your head, this is another symptom. I hope these comments will help you. You have to weight up the benefits and negatives taking medications if you decide to take these medicines or not. It depends on how you cope with the drug side effects.
AUDREY on Dec, 16, 2012:
STARTED TAKING DILTIAZEM 60 MG AND I AM VERY CONSTIPATED. 70 YEARS OLD, HEART SURGERY A FAST HEART RATE....
Sonya on Feb, 24, 2013:
You definately need to take a stool softener...straining during defication can cause major problems in people with cardiac problems.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Gabapentin, Vision blurred
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Gabapentin, Vision blurred
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones (Bone pain or tenderness), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral (Arteriovenous malformation - cerebral), Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis), Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head (Headache), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Lightheadedness - Fainting (Fainting), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Dizziness, Restlessness (Agitation), Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Vitamin D, Ondansetron, Senna, B-12, Gabapentin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Lorazepam for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Deficiency - Vitamin K, Nausea, Constipation, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss, Chills, Vision Blurred, Confusion, Body Temperature, Muscle Aches, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Liver Tenderness, Kidney Disease, Dizziness, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Nexium, Tylenol, Ultram, Prozac, Prozac, Zantac 300, Tegretol, Mestinon for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Gerd, Depressed Mood, Death Of Parent, Complicated Migraine, Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Vision Blurred, Double Vision (Diplopia), Heart Rate Increased
More related studies for: Gabapentin, Vision blurred
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.