Review: could Gabapentin cause Vitamin d deficiency (Rickets)?
Summary: Vitamin d deficiency is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Loratadine, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 37,095 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Vitamin d deficiency. Find out below who they are, when they have Vitamin d deficiency and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Vitamin d deficiency >>>
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from 39,674 Gabapentin users)
Vitamin d deficiency
Vitamin d deficiency (softening of bones) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 5,488 Vitamin d deficiency patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 37,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin. Among them, 40 people (0.11%) have Vitamin D Deficiency.
Time on Gabapentin when people have Vitamin d deficiency * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vitamin d deficiency||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vitamin d deficiency when taking Gabapentin * :
|Vitamin d deficiency||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.50%||2.50%||0.00%||82.50%||7.50% |
Severity of Vitamin d deficiency when taking Gabapentin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vitamin d deficiency||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vitamin d deficiency ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vitamin d deficiency||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol (16 people, 40.00%)
- Pain (14 people, 35.00%)
- Bone pain (13 people, 32.50%)
- Abdominal discomfort (13 people, 32.50%)
- Poor quality sleep (13 people, 32.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Loratadine (27 people, 67.50%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 50.00%)
- Neurontin (17 people, 42.50%)
- Byetta (17 people, 42.50%)
- Lasix (17 people, 42.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gabapentin and vitamin d deficiency on
Do you have Vitamin D Deficiency while taking Gabapentin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gabapentin and have Vitamin D Deficiency
- support group for people who take Gabapentin
- support group for people who have Vitamin D Deficiency
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Neurontin, Abilify, Lexapro, Lamictal, Humira for a 56-year old man with Acid Reflux, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Psoriasis.
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 63-year old man with Neuropathy.
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Duavee, Vitamin D, Neurontin, Ativan for a 52-year old woman with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Iga Deficiency, Night Sweats, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 53-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Hallucination
- A study of drug interactions between Bisoprolol Fumarate, Gabapentin for a 66-year old woman with Irregular Heartbeat, Nerve Pain. The patient has Withdrawal From Nicotine
Recent Gabapentin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Topiramate for a 60-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Neurontin, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin Xl, Latuda, Risperidone for a 38-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Phentermine, Zorvolex, Gabapentin for a 49-year old woman who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.