Garlic and Burping - from FDA reports
Burping is found among people who take Garlic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Psoriasis. This review analyzes which people have Burping with Garlic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,351 people who have side effects when taking Garlic from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
1,351 people reported to have side effects when taking Garlic.
Among them, 7 people (0.52%) have Burping
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Garlic when people have Burping *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Burping when taking Garlic *:
- female: 57.14 %
- male: 42.86 %
Age of people who have Burping when taking Garlic *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriasis (2 people, 28.57%)
- Bipolar Disorder (1 person, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Toprol-Xl (3 people, 42.86%)
- Prilosec (3 people, 42.86%)
- Tolbutamide (2 people, 28.57%)
- Niaspan (2 people, 28.57%)
- Enbrel (2 people, 28.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (3 people, 42.86%)
- Malaise (3 people, 42.86%)
- Flatulence (3 people, 42.86%)
- Abdominal Pain (3 people, 42.86%)
- Hepatic Steatosis (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Burping when taking Garlic?
- Check symptoms - is burping caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBurping and drugs with ingredients of allium sativum.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBurping and Garlic from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Garlic has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Garlic 1,488 users)
Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 9,811 Burping patients).
Browse all side effects of Garlica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BurpingBurping
Could your condition cause BurpingBurping
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I just found out I have high bp, started taking this drug a week ago, baby aspirin, also taking fresh garlic, is there any conflict? Shall I continue taking garlic or there will be trouble later on? Thanks!
I was diagnosed several years ago with COPD and was given Spiriva. At that time I really had no overt symptoms and felt the medication wasn't necessary so never really went very far with that treatment. I am now 74 years old and am experiencing extreme belching which immediately precedes ...