Review: could Garlic cause Dizziness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 1.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 1,187 people who take Garlic. Among them, 37 have Dizziness. See who they are, when they have Dizziness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Garlic (latest outcomes from 1,259 users) has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in blood pressure management, high blood pressure. Commonly reported side effects of Garlic include headache, weakness, fatigue, fatigue aggravated, nausea.
Dizziness (latest reports from 1,269,300 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Mar, 3, 2014: 1,181 people reported to have side effects when taking Garlic. Among them, 37 people (3.13%) have Dizziness.
Time on Garlic when people have Dizziness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dizziness when taking Garlic * :
Age of people who have Dizziness when taking Garlic * :
Severity of Dizziness when taking Garlic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dizziness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 13.51%)
- Coronary artery disease (3 people, 8.11%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 8.11%)
- Myocardial infarction (3 people, 8.11%)
- Cardiac disorder (2 people, 5.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (14 people, 37.84%)
- Calcium (11 people, 29.73%)
- Simvastatin (9 people, 24.32%)
- Atenolol (7 people, 18.92%)
- Prevacid (7 people, 18.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Garlic, Dizziness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Garlic (allium sativum) is often used for blood pressure management. Find out below the conditions Garlic is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Garlic used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Garlic side effects from A to Z:
Browse Garlic drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
All checked side effects started the day after taking Trazodone and have continued for last few days. Severity of all side effects are new and do not think they are related to conditions of fibromyalgia, PTSD, anxiety and depression. I've never been in such a confused mental state and been so sluggish until starting Trazodone.
From this study (2 years ago):
I came to your website searching for information and answers with regards to neck pain and doxycycline hyclate. I took it in a very low/non-antibiotic form (Oracea) for about 2 1/2 years; after about a month of stopping it, the neck pain disappeared. At the time, I attributed the pain cessation to some natural supplements (turmeric, coq10, omegas 3,6,9) I had coincidentally begun taking. I was pain free for about a year until last week when i began taking doxycyline hyclate (for acne rosacea). Within 3 days, the neck pain returned. I stopped taking it and drew the conclusion between the 2 doxy meds. It has been 4 days and i am in worse pain. It has also traveled down my back and left arm. I hope this helps with your study, and I hope and pray somebody is able to find a treatment soon! I was so upset when i scrolled down to the "treatment" section and it said "n/a."
eHealthMe support on May, 16, 2012:
Thank you! Please come back later for any alleviation methods for neck pain in doxycycline hyclate use.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Garlic, Dizziness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Urinary incontinence and odor while taking mucinex or dylsem
With in 24 hrs or less of taking either meds I have almost 0 control of my bladder and have more chemical smell to urine while taking Mucinex but also with Delsym but less intense... It takes 1week more or less for me to get back to normal. Since I knew about Mucinex, I thought I would try Delsym a ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Garlic, Dizziness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Aspartate, Malic Acid, Vitamin C, L-Lysine, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, B Complex Vitamin, Garlic, Cinnamon Bark, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Lipoic Acid, NAC, SAM-e, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Xanax, Clonazepam, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Fibtomyalgia, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Panic Disorder Without Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Ptsd, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Headache, Numbing In Extremities, Confusion, Blood In Urine, Dizziness, Sluggishness, Tiredness (Fatigue), Chronic Migraine, Difficulty Concentrating
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Doxycycline Hyclate, Turmeric Root, Calcium, Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Omega-3, Omega 6, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, CoQ10, Alpha-Lipoic Acid Extract, Selenomethionine, Chromium Picolinate, B Complex Vitamin, Garlic, Zinc Sulfate for a patient with Panic Disorder, Anxiety, Acne Rosacea, Inflammatory Pain, Health, Bone, Muscle, Nerve Health, Metabolism, Wine And Heart Health, Life Support, Cell Evaluation, Antioxidant Therapy, Nervous System Neoplasm, Cholesterol, Immune System Disorder. The patient has Loss Of Libido, Dry Eye (Dry eyes), Dry Skin, Dry Mouth, Dizziness, Disturbance In Attention, Neck Pain
More related studies for: Garlic, Dizziness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.