From FDA reports: Garlic and Dry eye
This is a study of Dry eye (Dry eyes) among people who take Garlic. The study analyzes: the time on Garlic when people have Dry eye, gender and age of these people, the severity of Dry eye, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Garlic. In total 1,144 Garlic users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Garlic has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is used in high blood pressure. Commonly reported side effects of Garlic include headache, weakness, fatigue, skin blushing/flushing, nausea.
Dry eye has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, acne, depression.
On May, 23, 2013: 1,144 people reported to have side effects when taking Garlic. Among them, 10 people (0.87%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Garlic when people have Dry eye * :
Gender of people who have Dry eye when taking Garlic * :
|Dry eye||90.00%||10.00% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Garlic * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||11.11%||55.56% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Garlic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry eye||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 10.00%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin e (5 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin c (4 people, 40.00%)
- Celebrex (4 people, 40.00%)
- Alprazolam (3 people, 30.00%)
- Atenolol (3 people, 30.00%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether dry eye is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Garlic (allium sativum) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Garlic is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Garlic used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Garlic side effects from A to Z:
Browse Garlic drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Recent related drug checks on eHealthMe:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Methotrexate for a 63-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (18 minutes ago)
- Pristiq for a 51-year old woman who has Depression (18 minutes ago)
- Synthroid for a 53-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism (36 minutes ago)
- Naturetin-5, Ramipril, Warfarin Sodium for a 55-year old woman who has Hypertension, DVT (49 minutes ago)
- Sinemet Cr, Neupro for a 91-year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, Parkinson's (51 minutes ago)
- Melatonin, Pristiq for a 60-year old woman who has Sleep Disturbance, Depression (55 minutes ago)
- Lisinopril, Prevacid, Aspirin for a 64-year old man who has Hypertension, GERD, Pain (1 hour ago)
- Prednisone for a 29-year old man who has Mononucleosis Syndrome (1 hour ago)
- Nystatin, Levaquin, Doxycycline, Mepron for a 39-year old woman who has Candidiasis, Kidney Infection, Lyme Disease, Babesia (1 hour ago)
- Alfuzosin Hydrochloride for a 76-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate (1 hour ago)