Review: could Garlic cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Garlic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin e, and have Myelodysplastic syndrome.
We study 1,203 people who have side effects while taking Garlic from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Garlic and have Headache >>>
Garlic has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in blood pressure management. (latest outcomes from 1,276 Garlic users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 202,409 Headache patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 1,199 people reported to have side effects when taking Garlic. Among them, 98 people (8.17%) have Headache.
Time on Garlic when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Garlic * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Garlic * :
Severity of Headache when taking Garlic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (8 people, 8.16%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 4.08%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (3 people, 3.06%)
- Ill-defined disorder (3 people, 3.06%)
- Blood pressure increased (3 people, 3.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin e (35 people, 35.71%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 27.55%)
- Ascorbic acid (27 people, 27.55%)
- Multi-vitamin (16 people, 16.33%)
- Folic acid (14 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of garlic and headache on
Do you have Headache while taking Garlic?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Garlic and have Headache
- support group for people who take Garlic
- support group for people who have Headache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a 34-year old woman with Mood Disorder. The patient has Lymph Nodes - Swollen, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 35-year old woman with Vertigo. The patient has Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
Recent Garlic related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Garlic, Coumadin, Lisinopril, Glyburide, Creatine for a 35-year old man who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of L-Lysine, Garlic, Vitamin C, Cholestyramine (Teva) - EQ 4GM RESIN/PACKET, Valtrex (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 1GM BASE for a 32-year old man who has Oral Herpes
- Comparions of Cinnamon, Folic Acid, Fish Oil, Garlic, B-12 for a 50-year old man who has Anemia
- Comparions of Garlic, Lysine for a 37-year old man who has Splenectomy
- Comparions of Propranolol Hydrochloride, Garlic for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.