Garlic and Indigestion - from FDA reports
Indigestion is found among people who take Garlic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Atenolol, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Indigestion with Garlic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,351 people who have side effects when taking Garlic from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 17, 2017
1,351 people reported to have side effects when taking Garlic.
Among them, 22 people (1.63%) have Indigestion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Garlic when people have Indigestion *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Garlic *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Garlic *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.88 %
- 40-49: 5.88 %
- 50-59: 29.41 %
- 60+: 58.82 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 13.64%)
- Ill-Defined Disorder (2 people, 9.09%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 9.09%)
- Swelling (1 person, 4.55%)
- Stroke (1 person, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Atenolol (6 people, 27.27%)
- Niaspan (4 people, 18.18%)
- Celebrex (4 people, 18.18%)
- Omega-3 Marine Triglycerides (3 people, 13.64%)
- Lipitor (3 people, 13.64%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (9 people, 40.91%)
- Fatigue (5 people, 22.73%)
- Weakness (4 people, 18.18%)
- Hypoaesthesia (4 people, 18.18%)
- Haematuria Present (3 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Indigestion when taking Garlic?
- Check symptoms - is indigestion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIndigestion and drugs with ingredients of allium sativum.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIndigestion and Garlic from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Garlic has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Garlic 1,488 users)
Indigestion has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes, depression (latest reports from 86,781 Indigestion patients).
Browse all side effects of Garlica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with IndigestionIndigestion
Could your condition cause IndigestionIndigestion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I am 75 and have started experiencing bronchospasm following dyspepsia. I could not catch my breath last night and it is the first time I have felt I would die imminently. I made myself try to relax which was not easy , facing suffocation. Eventually i caught my breath . My husband was out of ...
Hi, I have been on hydroxyurea for about 18 years and constantly have indigestion but without acid reflux, does anyone else have this happen to them ?. If so what do you take to help with the symptoms. Would appreciate any feedback back. Cheers Debbie
I just found out I have high bp, started taking this drug a week ago, baby aspirin, also taking fresh garlic, is there any conflict? Shall I continue taking garlic or there will be trouble later on? Thanks!