Review: could Garlic cause Kidney stones?
Summary: Kidney stones is reported only by a few people who take Garlic.
We study 1,196 people who have side effects while taking Garlic from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Kidney stones. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney stones and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Garlic and have Kidney stones >>>
Garlic has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in blood pressure management. (latest outcomes from Garlic 1,269 users)
Kidney stones has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.(latest reports from Kidney stones 14,040 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 1,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Garlic. Among them, 5 people (0.42%) have Kidney Stones.
Time on Garlic when people have Kidney stones * :
Gender of people who have Kidney stones when taking Garlic * :
|Kidney stones||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Kidney stones when taking Garlic * :
|Kidney stones||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||60.00% |
Severity of Kidney stones when taking Garlic ** :
How people recovered from Kidney stones ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 60.00%)
- Inflammation (2 people, 40.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multi-vitamin (3 people, 60.00%)
- Furosemide (3 people, 60.00%)
- Herbs (2 people, 40.00%)
- Calcium (2 people, 40.00%)
- Vitamin b-12 (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Stones while taking Garlic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Garlic and have Kidney Stones
- support group for people who take Garlic
- support group for people who have Kidney Stones
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Garlic, Kidney stones
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary incontinence and odor while taking mucinex or dylsem
With in 24 hrs or less of taking either meds I have almost 0 control of my bladder and have more chemical smell to urine while taking Mucinex but also with Delsym but less intense... It takes 1week more or less for me to get back to normal. Since I knew about Mucinex, I thought I would try Delsym and felt safe since they have different chemical... Now I am investing my money in pads :(. Am I the only person who has trouble with this? These meds also effect my grown daughter similarly .
More reviews for: Garlic, Kidney stones
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My celiac panel was very abnormal except for IGA which was normal. However I do not have GI symptoms. I have dizziness and light- headed ness. When I eliminated topamax the symptoms resolved. I wonder if topamax caused the blood work abnormality? I have taken it for 10 years?
- First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
- Patient had a large kidneystone in (r)kidney for 10 years that was too large to dissolve but it didn't move. Suddenly after checking for reasons for back to back uti,s, 2 more stones have appeared and function is down to 12%. has Lisinopril had anything to do with the kidney dysfunction or the quick ...
- I have had missed beats and palpitations for 40 years and the doctors say there is nothing wrong with my heart. Echo gram shows slightly enlarged atrium. Symptoms are worse when lying down and often keep me awake at night. During the day I don't notice them as much but they start to be noticeable in ...
- I started taking Lyrica back in 2008, and started having Cushing-like symptoms the same year, but my doctors at the va thought it was related to a nodule that was found on the left adrenal gland around the same time. I have been bounced from specialist to specialist for years, and my labs come back ...
More related studies for: Garlic, Kidney stones
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.