Review: could Garlic cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Garlic, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Vitamin e, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 1,203 people who have side effects while taking Garlic from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Garlic and have Muscle cramps >>>
Garlic has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in blood pressure management. (latest outcomes from 1,277 Garlic users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,839 Muscle cramps patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 1,203 people reported to have side effects when taking Garlic. Among them, 17 people (1.41%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Garlic when people have Muscle cramps * :
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Garlic * :
|Muscle cramps||58.82%||41.18% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Garlic * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||29.41%||17.65%||52.94% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Garlic ** :
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 11.76%)
- Pain (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin e (11 people, 64.71%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 35.29%)
- Garlic extract (4 people, 23.53%)
- Atenolol (4 people, 23.53%)
- Niaspan (4 people, 23.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of garlic and muscle cramps on
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Garlic?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Garlic and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Garlic
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 55-year old woman with Scleroderma. The patient has Muscle Cramps
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of side effects of Diamox for a 38-year old woman with Ih. The patient has Intranasal Numbness, Tiredness, Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath, Kidney Palpable, Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Digoxin for a 32-year old woman with Tachycardia Paroxysmal. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Back Pain
Recent Garlic related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Garlic, Coumadin, Lisinopril, Glyburide, Creatine for a 35-year old man who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of L-Lysine, Garlic, Vitamin C, Cholestyramine (Teva) - EQ 4GM RESIN/PACKET, Valtrex (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 1GM BASE for a 32-year old man who has Oral Herpes
- Comparions of Cinnamon, Folic Acid, Fish Oil, Garlic, B-12 for a 50-year old man who has Anemia
- Comparions of Garlic, Lysine for a 37-year old man who has Splenectomy
- Comparions of Propranolol Hydrochloride, Garlic for a 22-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.