Home > Garlic > Parkinson's disease > Garlic and Parkinson's disease
Review: could Garlic cause Parkinson's disease?
Summary: there is no Parkinson's disease reported by people who take Garlic yet.
We study 1,196 people who have side effects while taking Garlic from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Parkinson's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Garlic and have Parkinson's disease >>>
Garlic (latest outcomes from 1,269 users) has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in blood pressure management.
Parkinson's disease (latest reports from 23,890 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia.
On Oct, 30, 2014: No report is found
Do you have Parkinson's Disease while taking Garlic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Garlic
- support group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Has anyone with parkinson's tried stem cell therapy?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
I would like to supplement the azilect I take with natural products that will hopefully keep my symptoms stable at least for as long as possible. I'm also very interested in finding out more about the benefit of stem cell therapy.
- My husband has been diagnosed with early onset parkinsons at 45. vomiting in the early morning has always been a symptom long before they put him on medications. any ideas? it is not acid reflux.
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Vomiting , Parkinson's Disease)
Anxiety and acid reflux have been ruled out. He does not have high blood pressure.
- Can a person with parkinson's take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Garcinia Cambogia)
looking to lose some wait around my stomach area to releave my lower back pain. i wantedto try garcinia cambogia but since I have Parkinson's not sure if it's safe.
- How well does using both mirapex and neupro at the same timne work
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Mirapex)
Off of mirapex because of sexual thoughts, but Neupro does not work nearly as well (at 8 mg/day). I'm curious about using a much lower dose of Mirapex along with Neupro.
More questions for: Garlic, Parkinson's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary incontinence and odor while taking mucinex or dylsem
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Incontinence - Urinary, Urine Odor, and takes Garlic, L-Lysine, Midodrine Hydrochloride)
With in 24 hrs or less of taking either meds I have almost 0 control of my bladder and have more chemical smell to urine while taking Mucinex but also with Delsym but less intense... It takes 1week more or less for me to get back to normal. Since I knew about Mucinex, I thought I would try Delsym a ...
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsons, and takes Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sinemet)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
More reviews for: Garlic, Parkinson's disease
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Magnesium, Garlic, Fish Oil, Topamax for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Sleep Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine. The patient has Osteoporosis, Swelling Of A Joint, Face Pain, Migraine, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: My celiac panel was very abnormal except for IGA which was normal. However I do not have GI symptoms. I have dizziness and light- headed ness. When I eliminated topamax the symptoms resolved. I wonder if topamax caused the blood work abnormality? I have taken it for 10 years?
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a patient with Thyroidectomy. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination), Shortness Of Breath, Alcohol Interaction
Comments: If i have a glass of wine or alchol I have pain near chest bone and my system does not seem to process the alchol as well since having my thyroid removed and
being on synthroid. I was pulled over and charged with a dui after consuming
2 glasses of white wine and 2 glasses of water within almost ...
- A study of side effects of Valium for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination)
Comments: Was given cipro 5 years ago once I've and have had nausea and anxiety ever since I am very sensitive to drugs and have tried homeopathy, acupuncture etc but now am reduced to taking phenergan and valium I suspect that the valium may be causing nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Dapsone, Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Garlic, Oil Of Oregano, L-Lysine, Echinacea, Tri-linyah for a patient with Brown Recluse Bite, Impaired Healing, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Birth Control. The patient has Vascular Insufficiency, Extravasation Blood, Inflammation, Epidermal Necrosis, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Skin Burning Sensation, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Absence Seizure. The patient has Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination)
Comments: patient was being treated with 500 mg keppra 2x per day. No seizures for year. Suddenly, grand mal seizure which lasted approx. 45 minutes: shaking, gasping for breath, vomiting, high blood pressure 180/102; racing heart rate 125; sweating. Later when hospitalized and given 3 mg of Ativan, seizure ...
More related studies for: Garlic, Parkinson's disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.