Review: could Garlic cause Parkinson's disease?
Summary: there is no Parkinson's disease reported by people who take Garlic yet.
We study 1,196 people who have side effects while taking Garlic from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Parkinson's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Garlic and have Parkinson's disease >>>
Garlic has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in blood pressure management. (latest outcomes from Garlic 1,269 users)
Parkinson's disease has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia.(latest reports from Parkinson's disease 23,890 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: No report is found
Do you have Parkinson's Disease while taking Garlic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Garlic
- support group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Garlic, Parkinson's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary incontinence and odor while taking mucinex or dylsem
With in 24 hrs or less of taking either meds I have almost 0 control of my bladder and have more chemical smell to urine while taking Mucinex but also with Delsym but less intense... It takes 1week more or less for me to get back to normal. Since I knew about Mucinex, I thought I would try Delsym and felt safe since they have different chemical... Now I am investing my money in pads :(. Am I the only person who has trouble with this? These meds also effect my grown daughter similarly .
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion (1 response)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once properly diagnosed and under the treatment of a neurologist for Parkinson's she was prescribed Sinemet. Her ability to walk increased dramatically however she was extremely confused. She constantly wanted to go home even though she was. She would get angry with us if we tried to convince her otherwise. She confused family members with other people and thought very off the wall situations were occurring with them. The neurologist said she had common symptoms of senile dementia which can accompany Parkinson's patients. Due to a random ordered hearing/vertigo test, we were instructed to take her off of all her medications a week prior to the test. Because the sinemet was so difficult to get her to tolerate due to extreme nausea I did not take her off of it but I took her off everything else. Within four to five days of being off the depression medication which had been combined with the sinemet she had a 360 degree turnaround in her confusion. She was even able to tell me that she knew she was confused but could not reason herself out of it. It was an end to eight months of pure H**. If you have a family suffering confusion and symptoms of senility that is on Sinemet and also taking anti-depression medications, insist that they be weaned of the anti-depressants before you accept the senility diagnosis.
More reviews for: Garlic, Parkinson's disease
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My celiac panel was very abnormal except for IGA which was normal. However I do not have GI symptoms. I have dizziness and light- headed ness. When I eliminated topamax the symptoms resolved. I wonder if topamax caused the blood work abnormality? I have taken it for 10 years?
- If i have a glass of wine or alchol I have pain near chest bone and my system does not seem to process the alchol as well since having my thyroid removed and
being on synthroid. I was pulled over and charged with a dui after consuming
2 glasses of white wine and 2 glasses of water within almost ...
- Was given cipro 5 years ago once I've and have had nausea and anxiety ever since I am very sensitive to drugs and have tried homeopathy, acupuncture etc but now am reduced to taking phenergan and valium I suspect that the valium may be causing nausea
- First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
- patient was being treated with 500 mg keppra 2x per day. No seizures for year. Suddenly, grand mal seizure which lasted approx. 45 minutes: shaking, gasping for breath, vomiting, high blood pressure 180/102; racing heart rate 125; sweating. Later when hospitalized and given 3 mg of Ativan, seizure ...
More related studies for: Garlic, Parkinson's disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.