Review: could Garlic cause Underactive thyroid (Hypothyroidism)?
Summary: Underactive thyroid is reported only by a few people who take Garlic.
We study 1,196 people who have side effects while taking Garlic from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Underactive thyroid. Find out below who they are, when they have Underactive thyroid and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Garlic and have Underactive thyroid >>>
Garlic has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in blood pressure management. (latest outcomes from Garlic 1,269 users)
Underactive thyroid (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, depression, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Underactive thyroid 43,269 patients)
On Dec, 18, 2014: 1,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Garlic. Among them, 3 people (0.25%) have Underactive Thyroid.
Time on Garlic when people have Underactive thyroid * :
Gender of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Garlic * :
|Underactive thyroid||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Garlic * :
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
Severity of Underactive thyroid when taking Garlic ** :
How people recovered from Underactive thyroid ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamins (3 people, 100.00%)
- Hormone patch (2 people, 66.67%)
- Diflucan (2 people, 66.67%)
- Hormonal pellet (2 people, 66.67%)
- Herbs (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Underactive Thyroid while taking Garlic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Garlic and have Underactive Thyroid
- support group for people who take Garlic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Granuloma Annulare, and takes Topamax, Calcium , Vitamin D, Zetia, Effexor Xr, Levoxyl)
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Armour Thyroid)
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Hypothyroidism, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, and takes Nabumetone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
More questions for: Garlic, Underactive thyroid
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Omeprazole)
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Hypothyroidism, and takes Lipitor)
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
- Urinary incontinence and odor while taking mucinex or dylsem
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Incontinence - Urinary, Urine Odor, and takes Garlic, L-Lysine, Midodrine Hydrochloride)
With in 24 hrs or less of taking either meds I have almost 0 control of my bladder and have more chemical smell to urine while taking Mucinex but also with Delsym but less intense... It takes 1week more or less for me to get back to normal. Since I knew about Mucinex, I thought I would try Delsym a ...
More reviews for: Garlic, Underactive thyroid
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Magnesium, Garlic, Fish Oil, Topamax for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Sleep Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine. The patient has Osteoporosis, Swelling Of A Joint, Face Pain, Migraine, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: My celiac panel was very abnormal except for IGA which was normal. However I do not have GI symptoms. I have dizziness and light- headed ness. When I eliminated topamax the symptoms resolved. I wonder if topamax caused the blood work abnormality? I have taken it for 10 years?
- A study of drug interactions between Femhrt, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paracetamol, Codeine, Ramipril, Atenolol, Tapentadol Hydrochloride, Pregabalin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Menopause, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Headache, Fibromyalgia, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Hypothyroidism, Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome, Menopause, Headache, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia
Comments: Following moderate whiplash injury in a road traffic accident three years ago, symptoms of pain, exhaustion, IBS, headache, nausea have continued and my quality of life consists of work and recovering.
- A study of drug interactions between Dapsone, Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Garlic, Oil Of Oregano, L-Lysine, Echinacea, Tri-linyah for a patient with Brown Recluse Bite, Impaired Healing, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Birth Control. The patient has Vascular Insufficiency, Extravasation Blood, Inflammation, Epidermal Necrosis, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Skin Burning Sensation, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vitamin D, Pioglitazone, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Baby Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fish Oil, Gabapentin, Acyclovir, Naproxen, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Vitamin D Decreased, Diabetic Nephropathy, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, Chronic Depression, Thyroid Disorder, Nerve Injury, Herpes Simplex, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis, Stop Smoking, Cysts - Kidneys, Vitamin B12 Abnormal, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Scoliosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Pain - Foot, Ulnar Nerve Injury, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis, Chronic Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gallstones, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Herpes Virus Infection, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Graves Disease, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Nerve Root Injury Lumbar, Nerve Root Injury Cervical
Comments: I have so many problems and take so many medicines I am trying to find out what works what doesn't what interacts which drugs are necessary - 2 years ago had bilateral total knee replacement -- trying to quit smoking, did quit for about a year then started up part time
More related studies for: Garlic, Underactive thyroid
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.