Home > Gaviscon > Muscle cramp > Gaviscon and Muscle cramp
Review: could Gaviscon cause Muscle cramp (Muscle cramps)?
We study 3,429 people who have side effects while taking Gaviscon from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Muscle cramp. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramp and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gaviscon and have Muscle cramp >>>
Gaviscon (latest outcomes from 3,559 users) has active ingredients of aluminum hydroxide; magnesium trisilicate. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Muscle cramp (painful sensation caused by muscle contraction) (latest reports from 51,098 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 3,429 people reported to have side effects when taking Gaviscon. Among them, 9 people (0.26%) have Muscle Cramp.
Time on Gaviscon when people have Muscle cramp * :
Gender of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Gaviscon * :
|Muscle cramp||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Gaviscon * :
|Muscle cramp||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Severity of Muscle cramp when taking Gaviscon ** :
How people recovered from Muscle cramp ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Forteo (4 people, 44.44%)
- Ibuprofen (4 people, 44.44%)
- Mefloquine hcl (3 people, 33.33%)
- Verapamil (3 people, 33.33%)
- Epinephrine (3 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramp while taking Gaviscon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gaviscon and have Muscle Cramp
- support group for people who take Gaviscon
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramp
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Gaviscon, Muscle cramp
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
- Pregnancy 7months negative reaction to gaviscon
Took 1 dose of gaviscon after having suspected heartburn (7months pregnant) quickly suffered painful cramp then dizzy symptoms, nausea, sweaty fever, & doubled over in cramps & very faint. Recovered by sleeping & wait for digest the gaviscon
More reviews for: Gaviscon, Muscle cramp
On eHealthMe, Gaviscon (aluminum hydroxide; magnesium trisilicate) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Gaviscon is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Gaviscon used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Gaviscon, Muscle cramp
Recent Gaviscon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zantac 150, Gaviscon for a 57-year old man who has Antacid Therapy
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Gaviscon, Sucralfate for a 56-year old woman who has Gastritis
- Comparions of Gaviscon, Cialis for a 55-year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction
- Comparions of Gaviscon, Fluoxetine for a 19-year old girl who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Gaviscon for a 70-year old woman who has GERD
- Comparions of Gaviscon, Omeprazole (Sandoz) - 40mg for a 69-year old woman who has Christine Jessop
- Comparions of Gaviscon (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 80MG;20MG, Warfarin Sodium (Barr) - 3MG, Zantac (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 25MG BASE/ML, Metoprolol Tartrate (Mutual Pharm) - 50MG, Digoxin (Hospira) - 0.25MG/ML for a 74-year old man who has Wild Iris
- Comparions of Omeprazole (Genpharm) - 20MG, Gaviscon for a 52-year old woman who has Reflux Oesophagitis
- Comparions of Carafate, Gaviscon for a 70-year old man who has Largon
- Comparions of Augmentin Xr, Gaviscon for a 51-year old woman who has Diverticulitis
More related comparison studies for: Gaviscon, Muscle cramp
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.