Review: could Gaviscon cause Muscle cramp (Muscle cramps)?
Summary: Muscle cramp is found among people who take Gaviscon, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Forteo, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 3,429 people who have side effects while taking Gaviscon from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Muscle cramp. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramp and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gaviscon and have Muscle cramp >>>
Gaviscon has active ingredients of aluminum hydroxide; magnesium trisilicate. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Gaviscon 3,562 users)
Muscle cramp (painful sensation caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.(latest reports from Muscle cramp 10,603 patients)
On Dec, 4, 2014: 3,429 people reported to have side effects when taking Gaviscon. Among them, 9 people (0.26%) have Muscle Cramp.
Time on Gaviscon when people have Muscle cramp * :
Gender of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Gaviscon * :
|Muscle cramp||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Gaviscon * :
|Muscle cramp||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Severity of Muscle cramp when taking Gaviscon ** :
How people recovered from Muscle cramp ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Forteo (4 people, 44.44%)
- Ibuprofen (4 people, 44.44%)
- Mefloquine hcl (3 people, 33.33%)
- Verapamil (3 people, 33.33%)
- Epinephrine (3 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramp while taking Gaviscon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gaviscon and have Muscle Cramp
- support group for people who take Gaviscon
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramp
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm still having problems with hypoglycemia... if anyone know anything, PLEASE CONTACT ME!!! :)
I know there can't just be a support group here for FERRETS!!! people are kind of important... I hate this song, but "Don't worry, BE HAPPY" is okay, I guess... I'm trying to force it upon myself. Things will get BETTER!!!
- Have people on pravstatin experienced muscle cramps on the same level as those taking zocor?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, and takes Zocor, Pravastatin Sodium)
experience severe thigh cramps often when using Zocor.
afraid to start using pravastatin and wonder if pravastatin would cause the same
- I have bile reflux. can i take questran the same day as i take gaviscon?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Bile Reflux Due To An Open Pyloric Valve, and takes Cholestyramine, Gaviscon)
I have struggles with this since march,2013. I had my g.b. removed apr 30, 2013. A scope in June show my pyloric valve wide open allowing bile to reflux giving me much uncomfortable to say the least. The dr would like me to take questran twice daily for 1 month to give the valve a chance to heal. My question is: can I take gavisconinbetween the doses of questran for comfort?
- Can heat exhaustion and sensitivity to heat be caused by lisinpril?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Heat Exhaustion, Cramps - Muscle, and takes Lisinopril, Pravachol, Amlodipine, Nexium, Baclofen)
i am having extreme sensitivity to heat. i have been on lisinopril and pravistatin for about two months. all the other meds i have been on for about a year.i used to live in Houston,Texas and i am a mechanic and have worked in the Houston heat and humidity for over 30 yrs. and have never really been affected by it like i am now. we moved to northwest Arkansas a year and a half ago and i did not experience the heat sensitivity last summer and it was way hotter last summer than it has been so far this summer. the past two weeks the temp has been in the high 90's and low 100's. this past week the heat exhaustion started on Wednesday. any input would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
- Does anyone take remicade for crohn's disease and have problems with kidney stones?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Crohn's Related Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Kidney Stones Composed Of Silica, Crohn's Disease, Kidney Stones, and takes Remicade, Clonidine, Phenergan, Procardia Xl, Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lortab)
I have had kidney stones since I was in high school and was diagnosed with crohn's disease 3 years ago. I am having trouble with my treatments. The remicade leaves me so exhausted that it usually takes a good two days to recover. I have been on remicade since September 2010 and now receive double the dosage every 6 weeks. I am not in remission yet and it is so frustrating. I have tried all the other drugs including humira and 6 months of chemotherapy. I just don't know what to do at this point. The kidney stones are starting to wreak havoc in a major way again. This last round of stones were in both kidneys and usually I produce calcium oxalate and uric acid stones, but now they are completely composed of silica. I did a bit of research and silica stones are extremely rare. Less than 1% of kidney stones are silica. I would greatly appreciate some advice if anyone else is suffering the way I am.
More questions for: Gaviscon, Muscle cramp
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Hypertension Controlled, Cholesterol Controlled, and takes Aspirin, Lopid, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Allopurinol)
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different prescription when that one no longer helped, and finally a third prescription, which did not work either. The cramps continued to grow more severe and more frequent. I was also having extremely severe cramps in my left hand, to the point that I could not straighten my fingers for several excruciating minutes. Although the cramps in my calves had lessened significantly, my toes were starting to cramp severely.
I stopped taking allopurinol about a month ago, and since then I realized that my hands and toes were cramping less and less, and now it is almost completely gone. I inadvertently stopped the allopurinol and I lost the bottle of pills and didn't realize it until I went to refill my pill box that holds a month's supply divided into daily doses. I searched on the internet and found that muscle problems are not uncommon for some people taking allopurinol.
- Pregnancy 7months negative reaction to gaviscon
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Cramps, Blood Drained From Face, Sweaty Fever, Nausea, Rapid Rise In Body Temperature, Dizzy, Faint, and takes Gaviscon)
Took 1 dose of gaviscon after having suspected heartburn (7months pregnant) quickly suffered painful cramp then dizzy symptoms, nausea, sweaty fever, & doubled over in cramps & very faint. Recovered by sleeping & wait for digest the gaviscon
More reviews for: Gaviscon, Muscle cramp
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Krill Oil, Cymbalta, Effexor, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a patient with Pain - Back, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Pain, Stress And Anxiety, Psoriasis. The patient has Body Temperature, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Muscle Cramps, Blood Cholesterol, Muscle Pain, Vision Problems, Exhaustion, Weight Bearing Difficulty, Depression, Skin - Dry, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue - Chronic, Stress And Anxiety, Autoimmune Disorder
Comments: Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- A study of side effects of Symbicort for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: I think that I've just made the connection between muscle cramps in both feet, calf muscles, chest muscle, hands, upper arms and temples with starting on Symbicort a few months ago. Are there any alternative medications with the same effect on asthma related breathing problems.
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Baclofen, Ferrous Fumarate, Esomeprazole Sodium, Prednisone, Gabapentin for a patient with Pain, Muscle Spasms, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, Sarcoidosis, Neuropathy. The patient has Muscle Cramps, Muscle Weakness, Swollen Legs, Sleeplessness, Itchy All Over, Dizziness, Spiking Temperature, Numbness, Leg Pain, Hot Hands
Comments: Chronic headaches and blurred vision have increased since starting steriods. Also cloudy head with a feeling of brain and body not connecting.
Falling asleep at computer desk.
Hot hads have only started in past week.
Diagnised with sarcoidosis in January.
- A study of drug interactions between Cytoxan, Etoposide, Vincristine Sulfate, Rituxan, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Warfarin Sodium, Neurontin, Furosemide, Digoxin, Coreg, Klor-con M10, Nexium for a patient with Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma Stage Iv, Congestive Cardiac Failure, Mechanical Heart Valve, Neuropathy, Blood Potassium Decreased, Upset Stomach. The patient has Muscle Cramps
Comments: After undergoing chemo for Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma I have been getting severe leg cramps at night and sometimes during the day. Never had them before until beginning chemo. I now only receive rituxan every 8 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Amoxicillin for a patient with Influenza B, Flu. The patient has Hyponatraemia, Edema, Abdominal Bloating, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Nausea, Headache, Pain - Back, Muscle Cramps, Fever, Weakness
Comments: Developed influenza symptoms last Wednesday. Went to family physician on Thursday who prescribed Amoxicillin. Symptoms then began to worsen, feeling extremely weak, headache, loss of appetite, restless, diarrhea and back pain. Went to the ER on Sunday began vomiting at the hospital. Given IV fluids. ...
More related studies for: Gaviscon, Muscle cramp
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.