Home > Gaviscon > Muscle cramp > Gaviscon and Muscle cramp
Review: could Gaviscon cause Muscle cramp (Muscle cramps)?
Summary: Muscle cramp is found among people who take Gaviscon, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Forteo, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 3,429 people who have side effects while taking Gaviscon from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Muscle cramp. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramp and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gaviscon and have Muscle cramp >>>
Gaviscon (latest outcomes from 3,561 users) has active ingredients of aluminum hydroxide; magnesium trisilicate. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Muscle cramp (painful sensation caused by muscle contraction) (latest reports from 51,096 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 3,429 people reported to have side effects when taking Gaviscon. Among them, 9 people (0.26%) have Muscle Cramp.
Time on Gaviscon when people have Muscle cramp * :
Gender of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Gaviscon * :
|Muscle cramp||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramp when taking Gaviscon * :
|Muscle cramp||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Severity of Muscle cramp when taking Gaviscon ** :
How people recovered from Muscle cramp ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Forteo (4 people, 44.44%)
- Ibuprofen (4 people, 44.44%)
- Mefloquine hcl (3 people, 33.33%)
- Verapamil (3 people, 33.33%)
- Epinephrine (3 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramp while taking Gaviscon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gaviscon and have Muscle Cramp
- support group for people who take Gaviscon
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramp
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Have people on pravstatin experienced muscle cramps on the same level as those taking zocor?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, and takes Zocor, Pravastatin Sodium)
experience severe thigh cramps often when using Zocor.
afraid to start using pravastatin and wonder if pravastatin would cause the same
- I have bile reflux. can i take questran the same day as i take gaviscon?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Bile Reflux Due To An Open Pyloric Valve, and takes Cholestyramine, Gaviscon)
I have struggles with this since march,2013. I had my g.b. removed apr 30, 2013. A scope in June show my pyloric valve wide open allowing bile to reflux giving me much uncomfortable to say the least. The dr would like me to take questran twice daily for 1 month to give the valve a chance to heal. ...
- Can heat exhaustion and sensitivity to heat be caused by lisinpril?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Heat Exhaustion, Cramps - Muscle, and takes Lisinopril, Pravachol, Amlodipine, Nexium, Baclofen)
i am having extreme sensitivity to heat. i have been on lisinopril and pravistatin for about two months. all the other meds i have been on for about a year.i used to live in Houston,Texas and i am a mechanic and have worked in the Houston heat and humidity for over 30 yrs. and have never really been ...
- Does anyone take remicade for crohn's disease and have problems with kidney stones?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Crohn's Related Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Kidney Stones Composed Of Silica, Crohn's Disease, Kidney Stones, and takes Remicade, Clonidine, Phenergan, Procardia Xl, Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lortab)
I have had kidney stones since I was in high school and was diagnosed with crohn's disease 3 years ago. I am having trouble with my treatments. The remicade leaves me so exhausted that it usually takes a good two days to recover. I have been on remicade since September 2010 and now receive double ...
More questions for: Gaviscon, Muscle cramp
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Hypertension Controlled, Cholesterol Controlled, and takes Aspirin, Lopid, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Allopurinol)
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
- Pregnancy 7months negative reaction to gaviscon
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Cramps, Blood Drained From Face, Sweaty Fever, Nausea, Rapid Rise In Body Temperature, Dizzy, Faint, and takes Gaviscon)
Took 1 dose of gaviscon after having suspected heartburn (7months pregnant) quickly suffered painful cramp then dizzy symptoms, nausea, sweaty fever, & doubled over in cramps & very faint. Recovered by sleeping & wait for digest the gaviscon
More reviews for: Gaviscon, Muscle cramp
- A study of side effects of Viibryd for a patient with Depression. The patient has Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: both thumbs cramped at the same time and pressed against my hand, had to pull the thumb away to relax the cramp
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Hiatal Hernia. The patient has Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: have fibromyalgia
- A study of side effects of Gaviscon for a patient with Heartburn. The patient has Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
Comments: Heartburn so survere I wake up at night and vomit
- A study of drug interactions between Senna, Lactulose, Gaviscon, Paracetamol, Omeprazole, Ondansertron Hydrochloride, Oxycodone Hydrochloride, Erythromycin for a patient with Constipation, Heartburn, Pain, Acid Reflux, Serum Sickness, Pain - Swallowing (burning), Mastectomy. The patient has Copper Taste
Comments: I am also on another oxycodone a slow releasing one every 12 hours please can you help with this copper taste and how I can get rid of it
- A study of drug interactions between Gaviscon, Nexium for a patient with GERD. The patient has Apnea - Sleep Apnea Syndrome
Comments: Have to take second shot of gaviscon at 4am. Waking up with chest pain
More related studies for: Gaviscon, Muscle cramp
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Jantoven and Urinary Incontinence
- Nadolol and Lisinopril
- Hair Loss and Effexor
- Osteoporosis and Symbicort
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (3 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (14 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (17 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (2 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Monistat 3 for a 38-year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina (13 minutes ago)
- Namenda for a 38-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder (37 minutes ago)
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (2 hours ago)