Review: could Gemfibrozil cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Gemfibrozil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lisinopril, and have High blood pressure.
We study 9,686 people who have side effects while taking Gemfibrozil from FDA and social media. Among them, 87 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gemfibrozil and have Weight loss >>>
Gemfibrozil has active ingredients of gemfibrozil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,852 Gemfibrozil users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,334 Weight loss patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 9,686 people reported to have side effects when taking Gemfibrozil. Among them, 87 people (0.90%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Gemfibrozil when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Gemfibrozil * :
|Weight loss||68.18%||31.82% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Gemfibrozil * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||1.47%||0.00%||13.24%||33.82%||10.29%||41.18% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Gemfibrozil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 14.94%)
- Depression (12 people, 13.79%)
- Hypercalcaemia (12 people, 13.79%)
- Anaemia (11 people, 12.64%)
- Sleep disorder (11 people, 12.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (40 people, 45.98%)
- Zometa (28 people, 32.18%)
- Alprazolam (27 people, 31.03%)
- Dexamethasone (27 people, 31.03%)
- Seroquel (26 people, 29.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of gemfibrozil and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Gemfibrozil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Gemfibrozil and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Gemfibrozil
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cleocin for a 72-year old man with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Fish Oil, Flomax, Gemfibrozil, Fosinopril Sodium for a 49-year old man with Heart Mri, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased, Dysuria, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypertension. The patient has Back Pain - Nonspecific
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 9-year old girl with ADHD. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Eszopiclone, Xanax, Morphine Sulfate, Gemfibrozil for a 43-year old woman with Sleep, Anxiety Disorder, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides.
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Nexium, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Centrum, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gemfibrozil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Alprazolam for a 46-year old man with Allergies, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Acid Reflux, Headache, Pain, Vitamin D, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Depression, General Pain And Fatigue, Catecholamines, Accessory Spleen, Left Ear Infections - Four Surgeries, Headache
Recent Gemfibrozil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.