Home > Gentamicin sulfate > Jaundice > Gentamicin sulfate and Jaundice
Review: could Gentamicin sulfate cause Jaundice (Jaundice - yellow skin)?
Summary: Jaundice is reported only by a few people who take Gentamicin sulfate.
We study 1,591 people who have side effects while taking Gentamicin sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Jaundice. Find out below who they are, when they have Jaundice and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gentamicin sulfate and have Jaundice >>>
Gentamicin sulfate (latest outcomes from 1,611 users) has active ingredients of gentamicin sulfate. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes) (latest reports from 24,854 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 1,591 people reported to have side effects when taking Gentamicin sulfate. Among them, 13 people (0.82%) have Jaundice.
Time on Gentamicin sulfate when people have Jaundice * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Jaundice when taking Gentamicin sulfate * :
Age of people who have Jaundice when taking Gentamicin sulfate * :
Severity of Jaundice when taking Gentamicin sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Jaundice ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hordeolum (1 people, 7.69%)
- Renal failure chronic (1 people, 7.69%)
- Ascites (1 people, 7.69%)
- Blood magnesium decreased (1 people, 7.69%)
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Minocycline hydrochloride (7 people, 53.85%)
- Methylprednisolone (6 people, 46.15%)
- Amphotericin b (6 people, 46.15%)
- Prograf (6 people, 46.15%)
- Teicoplanin (5 people, 38.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Jaundice while taking Gentamicin Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Gentamicin sulfate and have Jaundice
- support group for people who take Gentamicin sulfate
- support group for people who have Jaundice
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the best medication for treating jaundice and stopping bilirubin from reabsorbing in the large intestine?
(Asked by a 37 year old man who has Jaundice - Yellow Skin)
It seems I have an issue with my bile ducts as I do not drink alcohol nor take anything that causes damage to my bile ducts yet I can't drink caffeinated soda, coffee, eat egg yoke, take almost any type of medicine without my skin turning bright yellow. I do not have liver disease. Let me add that I ...
- Can soya isoflavones cause jaundice
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Jaundice, and takes Soy Isoflavones)
Yellowing skin especially around eyes
- I am highly allergic to gentamicin and avoid all aminoglycosides. does clindamycin fall in this category and do i need to avoid taking it?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Gentamicin)
I was given gentamycin IV in 2010 and went into complete kidney failure after 3 days. It also damaged my inner ear and I no longer have ANY balance. I also suffer from oscillopsia. Now I avoid all aminoglycosides in an effort to keep my kidneys from being damaged further and also my inner ears.
- Hipatitus c patient shivering, like in malaria?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Eyes - Yellow, and takes Chloroquine Phosphate)
Hcv Positive, CLD e, Asites, Splenomagaly, Non Respoder to Anferon, a standard Hipatitus c therapy.
More questions for: Gentamicin sulfate, Jaundice
More reviews for: Gentamicin sulfate, Jaundice
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Saw Palmetto Berry for a patient with Hair Loss. The patient has Itching, Jaundice - Yellow Skin
Comments: i was diagnosed with syndrome of gilbert, thats why i have a yellowish skin (jaundice) i take also cranberry pills to counter jaundice, but doesnt really help i guess, but maybe the pills that i take to stop my hairloss, that i have for several years, might be the cause, those pills are: saw palmett ...
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation, Pain - Back, Vision Blurred, Abdominal Pain Upper, Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes)
Comments: I have been taking large amounts of benadryl almost daily for the last two years. These last 6 months I have noticed weird and painful/scary symptoms after taking my dose (yellow skin,reversed vision; i am normally nearsighted but after taking a dose I become farsighted or completely blurred.lower b ...
- A study of side effects of Choline for a patient with Cholangitis Sclerosing. The patient has Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes)
Comments: Liver biliary strictures-naturopathic doctor prescribes choline, cholacol and livotrit plus. Primary healthcare provider did extensive imaging to find strictures and pocketing of bile ducts. All liver panels are normal. Infections occur when fatigued-no sleep. Am wondering if the naturopathic doctor ...
- A study of side effects of Gentamicin for a patient with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Gentamicin - Serum
Comments: 8 yr old son admitted to hospital 5 days ago (sat morning). Started feeling unwell on the Thursday - with very high fever (40.3) shivers and slight right side pain comes and goes but not writhing in pain. Temp spikes consistently (40.2). Was sick on sat and sun, not sick since but nausea comes and g ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Valtrex, Lunesta, Synthroid, Crestor for a patient with Insulin Resistance Syndrome, Shingles, Insomnia, Hypothyroidism, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Skin - Yellow
Comments: I noticed my skin was yellow in Aug 2013, at the time I was on a multi vitamin powder that was yellow from the B Vitamins, I was also on Tumeric, but on Aug 15 stopped both and yellow skin has not changed. My sclera is not yellow.
More related studies for: Gentamicin sulfate, Jaundice
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.