Gentamicin sulfate and Jaundice - from FDA reports
Jaundice is found among people who take Gentamicin sulfate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Ascites. This review analyzes which people have Jaundice with Gentamicin sulfate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,969 people who have side effects when taking Gentamicin sulfate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 03, 2017
1,969 people reported to have side effects when taking Gentamicin sulfate.
Among them, 6 people (0.3%) have Jaundice
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Gentamicin sulfate when people have Jaundice *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Jaundice when taking Gentamicin sulfate *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Jaundice when taking Gentamicin sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Ascites (2 people, 33.33%)
- Preventive Health Care (1 person, 16.67%)
- Pain (1 person, 16.67%)
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (1 person, 16.67%)
- Constipation (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (2 people, 33.33%)
- Verapamil Hcl (1 person, 16.67%)
- Vancomycin Hydrochloride (1 person, 16.67%)
- Gabapentin (1 person, 16.67%)
- Clonazepam (1 person, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- General Physical Health Deterioration (2 people, 33.33%)
- Blood Creatinine Increased (2 people, 33.33%)
- Blood Bilirubin Increased (2 people, 33.33%)
- Bilirubin Conjugated Increased (2 people, 33.33%)
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Jaundice when taking Gentamicin sulfate?
- Check symptoms - is jaundice caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsJaundice and drugs with ingredients of gentamicin sulfate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeJaundice and Gentamicin sulfate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gentamicin sulfate has active ingredients of gentamicin sulfate. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Gentamicin sulfate 2,015 users)
Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, hepatitis c, depression, preventive health care (latest reports from 21,959 Jaundice patients).
Browse all side effects of Gentamicin sulfatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with JaundiceJaundice
Could your condition cause JaundiceJaundice
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
I start ALP with 1 mg dose after taking 2 days of the same dose I felt that 1 mg is too much for me I cut it to 0.5 and then 0.25 now I am taking about 0.12 to get 0.12 I break the pill in 2 pieces. my aim is to withdraw it because it.s makes my eyes yellowish and most important now I have ...
I am recovering from jaundice My bilirubin level is 1.2 . Doctor said it is normal . It's been 28 days from where my jaundice started . I recovered in a short period of time . I guess so . My question is can i smoke 1 or 2 sticks of hashish or marijuana a day . It will really help me if i ...
I took Amoxocilin for 3 days after experiencing violent cough/bronchitis and flu symptoms. Turned yellow within a day, checked myself into hospital 3 days later with worsening symptoms and Biliruben levels were at a 9 (.3 is normal). After extensive testing we've ruled out any viruses and ...