Review: could Geodon cause Complex partial seizures?
Summary: Complex partial seizures is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Topamax, and have Convulsion.
We study 14,519 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Complex partial seizures. Find out below who they are, when they have Complex partial seizures and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Geodon and have Complex partial seizures >>>
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,143 Geodon users)
Complex partial seizures
Complex partial seizures (epileptic seizure) has been reported by people with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, convulsion, depression, pain. (latest reports from 2,386 Complex partial seizures patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 14,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 11 people (0.08%) have Complex Partial Seizures.
Time on Geodon when people have Complex partial seizures * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Complex partial seizures||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Complex partial seizures when taking Geodon * :
|Complex partial seizures||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Complex partial seizures when taking Geodon * :
|Complex partial seizures||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||41.67%||25.00%||8.33%||8.33% |
Severity of Complex partial seizures when taking Geodon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Complex partial seizures||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Complex partial seizures ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Complex partial seizures||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (3 people, 27.27%)
- Migraine (3 people, 27.27%)
- Aphasia (3 people, 27.27%)
- Thinking abnormal (3 people, 27.27%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Topamax (6 people, 54.55%)
- Neurontin (5 people, 45.45%)
- Paxil (4 people, 36.36%)
- Zyprexa (4 people, 36.36%)
- Ativan (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Complex Partial Seizures while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Complex Partial Seizures
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Complex Partial Seizures
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 26-year old man with Depression, Paranoid Schizophrenia. The patient has Psychosis
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Pain Inflammation Activated
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Geodon for a 61-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Mood Swings
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a 30-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Zoloft, Clonidine, Depakote, Geodon for a 17-year old boy with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Aggression. The patient has Social Fear, Ocd, Aggression Aggravated
Recent Geodon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Geodon, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 53-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Geodon, Adderall for a 52-year old woman who has Attention Span
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Latuda, Seroquel, Geodon for a 30-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.