Home > Geodon > Complex partial seizures > Geodon and Complex partial seizures
Review: could Geodon cause Complex partial seizures?
Summary: Complex partial seizures is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Topamax, and have Convulsion.
We study 14,506 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Complex partial seizures. Find out below who they are, when they have Complex partial seizures and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Geodon and have Complex partial seizures >>>
Geodon (latest outcomes from 15,127 users) has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Complex partial seizures
Complex partial seizures (epileptic seizure) (latest reports from 7,613 patients) has been reported by people with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, convulsion, depression, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 14,505 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 11 people (0.08%) have Complex Partial Seizures.
Time on Geodon when people have Complex partial seizures * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Complex partial seizures||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Complex partial seizures when taking Geodon * :
|Complex partial seizures||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Complex partial seizures when taking Geodon * :
|Complex partial seizures||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||41.67%||25.00%||8.33%||8.33% |
Severity of Complex partial seizures when taking Geodon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Complex partial seizures||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Complex partial seizures ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Complex partial seizures||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (3 people, 27.27%)
- Migraine (3 people, 27.27%)
- Aphasia (3 people, 27.27%)
- Thinking abnormal (3 people, 27.27%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Topamax (6 people, 54.55%)
- Neurontin (5 people, 45.45%)
- Paxil (4 people, 36.36%)
- Zyprexa (4 people, 36.36%)
- Ativan (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Complex Partial Seizures while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Complex Partial Seizures
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Complex Partial Seizures
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Anxiety, Depression - Chronic, Psychosis, and takes Geodon, Clonazepam, Depakote)
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
- Can it cause increased blood pressure
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Complex Partial Seizures, and takes Gabapentin)
I have neurocardiogenic syncope and partial complex seizures. My blood pressure has been a little high lately, I'm wondering why?
- Do any of these drugs cause styes
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Traumatic Brain Injury, Seizures, and takes Lamotrigine, Keppra, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Baclofen)
Since commencing these drugs after sustaining traumatic Brain injury and after a craniectomy, I've been getting styles on both my eyes once or twice monthly
- I've recently had stiffness and pain in the ring &middle finger of my left hand, and want to know if its what & or how much of my rx
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Xaviae, and takes Geodon, Seroquel, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nuvigil)
I have recently had pain in my left hand knuckles (middle & ring fingers)and unable to make a fist. Which med is causing it or is it the doses, and need to be lowered to be relieved?
More questions for: Geodon, Complex partial seizures
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Shingles, Tardive Dyskinesia)
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
More reviews for: Geodon, Complex partial seizures
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a patient with Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type. The patient has Depression, Fatigue, Fear, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Paranoia, Paranoid Schizophrenia, Hallucinations, Mixed
Comments: I can't bare loud sounds! Balloons are just freaking me out! I feel like the whole world is talking about me or planing and plotting against me to hurt me or kill me or attack me or just to make me feel miserable! There are balloons everywhere in my office and I feel like they are all going to burst ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Risperidone, Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure, Irritability, Weight Loss, Nausea And Vomiting, Dry Mouth, Back Pain, Stomach Pain
Comments: I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Magnesium Oxide, Aspirin, Valerian, Onfi, Vimpat for a patient with Hair Skin And Nails, Magnesium Deficiency, Stroke - Hemorrhagic, Epilepsy. The patient has Tonic Seizures, Complex Partial Seizures Exacerbated
Comments: Also has the VNS Implant, however since the last time they messed around with the medication the seizures are uncontrolled... they are happening weekly & sometimes daily. I just want my nursing career and my life back!!!
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Bleeding From The Nose (bleeding from nose)
Comments: Had one nose bleed in late teens. In early 20s diagnosed with bipolar and taking 80mg Geodon 2x a day and Lamictal 200mg 1 day. About four years ago began havening nosebleeds once or twice a year. Have blood work twice a year. Last this past April.
- A study of side effects of Trileptal for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Complex Partial Seizures (epileptic seizure)
Comments: he is tired all the time
his seizures seem to be light triggered
he has altered consciousness with seizure and needs to sleep after
the neurologist now wants to add vimpat drug also
More related studies for: Geodon, Complex partial seizures
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.