Home > Geodon > Constipation > Geodon and Constipation
Review: could Geodon cause Constipation?
We study 14,505 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 193 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Geodon and have Constipation >>>
Geodon (latest outcomes from 15,125 users) has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 14,505 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 193 people (1.33%) have Constipation.
Time on Geodon when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Geodon * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Geodon * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Geodon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (71 people, 36.79%)
- Depression (69 people, 35.75%)
- Anxiety (44 people, 22.80%)
- Schizophrenia (30 people, 15.54%)
- Diabetes mellitus (29 people, 15.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (53 people, 27.46%)
- Seroquel (49 people, 25.39%)
- Risperdal (49 people, 25.39%)
- Synthroid (42 people, 21.76%)
- Aspirin (40 people, 20.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Geodon?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 years ago):
If i didn't take the suboxone, that would knock off about 3 medicines on that list. But I need the suboxone till i'm completely off of it. I'm about to start taking lunesta 2nite instead of melatonin. See what works better.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Geodon, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
More reviews for: Geodon, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Geodon (ziprasidone hydrochloride) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Geodon is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Geodon used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (44 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Sy/premenstrual Syndrome
- Phenazopyridine Hcl Tab
- Bromfed Dm