Home > Geodon > Constipation > Geodon and Constipation
Review: could Geodon cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,506 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 193 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Geodon and have Constipation >>>
Geodon (latest outcomes from 15,127 users) has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,750 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 14,505 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 193 people (1.33%) have Constipation.
Time on Geodon when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Geodon * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Geodon * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Geodon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (71 people, 36.79%)
- Depression (69 people, 35.75%)
- Anxiety (44 people, 22.80%)
- Schizophrenia (30 people, 15.54%)
- Diabetes mellitus (29 people, 15.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (53 people, 27.46%)
- Seroquel (49 people, 25.39%)
- Risperdal (49 people, 25.39%)
- Synthroid (42 people, 21.76%)
- Aspirin (40 people, 20.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Gastro with constipation in a 4 year old only cause pain at night?
(Asked by a 4 year old boy who has Constipation, Gastroenteritis - Viral)
In childrens hospital now have given the tag virus for stomach pain at night that is relieved by morphine
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Vulvovaginal Dryness During Intercourse, Acne Cystic, Bilateral Stenosis, Irregularity Of Bowels, Muscle Tightness, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Menstruation - Painful, Painful Sexual Intercourse, Pelvic Discomfort, Chest Pain, Abdominal Bloating, Deep Knee Pain, Extreme Thigh Pain, Sometimes Bulging, Flattened/deflated & Bulging Discs, Chronic Pain, Hirsutism, and takes Soma, Norco)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
- Since taking mupirocin for nasal condition i have developed constipation. are they related and to do?
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Constipation, and takes Mupirocin)
Have been using this product for about a week to 10 days. I have suddenly developed constipation. Are they related? and how long does this last.
More questions for: Geodon, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Shingles, Tardive Dyskinesia)
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Simple Partial Seizures, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Constipation, Nausea, Chills, and takes Celexa)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Lithium constipation and tremor
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Constipation, and takes Lexapro)
After taking Lithium Carb for about three months, I realize I've been moderately constipated for several weeks. I also have been nauseous and suddenly realize that it's probably related to the nausea and maybe the cause of it.
More reviews for: Geodon, Constipation
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a patient with Depression. The patient has Constipation
Comments: Constipation with mucous in BM
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a patient with Allergy. The patient has Constipation
Comments: 300mg of antihistamine daily
- A study of side effects of Acyclovir for a patient with Oral Herpes. The patient has Constipation
Comments: Have been taking acyclovir for 400g twice a day for 9 months and have had some changes in bowel habits. Could this be down to medication
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a patient with Weight Loss. The patient has Blood In Stool, Constipation
Comments: Became really constipated and finally took a laxative and when the laxative kicked in there is a lot of blood in my stool.
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Benadryl, Pepcid, Xanax, Soma, Tramadol, Percocet, Oxycontin for a patient with Nausea, Allergy To Plants, Gastritis, Muscle Contracture, Nerve Pain, Pain - Back. The patient has Drug Ineffective, Nausea, Constipation, Stomach Pain
Comments: Possible stomach blockage, pharmaceutical bezoar.
Oxycontin 30 mg every 12 hours is far less effective than oxycodone 15 mg every 6 hours.
More related studies for: Geodon, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.