Review: could Geodon cause Death?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 4.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 14,435 people who take Geodon. Among them, 371 have Death. See who they are, when they have Death and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Geodon (latest outcomes from 14,687 users) has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder, bipolar i disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Geodon include diabetes, type 2 diabetes, weight increased, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.
On Mar, 9, 2014: 14,435 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 371 people (2.57%) have Death. They amount to 0.07% of all the 520,372 people who have Death.
Time on Geodon when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Geodon * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Geodon * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ill-defined disorder (115 people, 31.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (30 people, 8.09%)
- Schizophrenia (28 people, 7.55%)
- Depression (16 people, 4.31%)
- Agitation (13 people, 3.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (51 people, 13.75%)
- Risperdal (32 people, 8.63%)
- Zyprexa (25 people, 6.74%)
- Haldol (20 people, 5.39%)
- Depakote (16 people, 4.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Geodon, Death
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Geodon (ziprasidone hydrochloride) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Geodon is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Geodon used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Geodon side effects from A to Z:
Browse Geodon drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
saphiris, depakote, trazadone, zoloft, zolpidem, were all on medication list from hospital to doctors office to mental institute. Who knows what she was taking. Who cared???? Not the person's she went to for treatment they just kept adding medications.
shattered on Jun, 9, 2012:
I need to add that she died of a heart attack. Sudden cardiac death. She was my mother and I am shattered. She was neglected. Persuing legal action
From this study (2 years ago):
* Didn't start gaining weight until aftwer taking geodon for 2 yearas, however after 6 years on geodon I drastically lowered my dose without ANY weight loss. Also, the apetite lowering effects of the adderall and vyvanse have completely dissapeared after taking them for 2 years at very high doses (prescribed). Also, the Adderall XR lost a sgnificant part of its effectiveness after 7 years. The plus side to that is that it no longer causes nervousness/anxiety as a side effect. I am most concerned with my chest pain. Only noticed it this past year. Year 7 of Geodon and adderal. Seems worse if I take imediate release adderal. because the IR adderal often also causes my stomach pain I'm not sure if the pain is coming fronm my heart, lung or if it is acid reflux? But it is VERY WORRISOME!!
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Geodon, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
More reviews for: Geodon, Death
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Invega Sustenna, Invega, Geodon for a patient with Schizophrenia. The patient has Death Sudden (Death), Muscle Weakness (Weakness)
- A study of drug interactions between Geodon, Adderall Xr 30, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vyvanse, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Schizoaffective Disorder, Adhd, Hypothyroidism, Dependence. The patient has Chest Pain, Musculoskeletal Pain, Weight Gain (Weight increased), Hypertension (High blood pressure), Withdrawal Bleed, Dry Eye (Dry eyes)
More related studies for: Geodon, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.