Home > Geodon > Death > Geodon and Death
Review: could Geodon cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Ill-defined disorder.
We study 14,506 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 354 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Geodon and have Death >>>
Geodon (latest outcomes from 15,127 users) has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Death (latest reports from 183,730 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 14,506 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 371 people (2.56%) have Death.
Time on Geodon when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Geodon * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Geodon * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ill-defined disorder (115 people, 31.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (30 people, 8.09%)
- Schizophrenia (28 people, 7.55%)
- Depression (16 people, 4.31%)
- Agitation (13 people, 3.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (51 people, 13.75%)
- Risperdal (32 people, 8.63%)
- Zyprexa (25 people, 6.74%)
- Haldol (20 people, 5.39%)
- Depakote (16 people, 4.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Death
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Anxiety, Depression - Chronic, Psychosis, and takes Geodon, Clonazepam, Depakote)
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
- Do any of these drugs cause styes
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Traumatic Brain Injury, Seizures, and takes Lamotrigine, Keppra, Amantadine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Baclofen)
Since commencing these drugs after sustaining traumatic Brain injury and after a craniectomy, I've been getting styles on both my eyes once or twice monthly
- I've recently had stiffness and pain in the ring &middle finger of my left hand, and want to know if its what & or how much of my rx
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Xaviae, and takes Geodon, Seroquel, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nuvigil)
I have recently had pain in my left hand knuckles (middle & ring fingers)and unable to make a fist. Which med is causing it or is it the doses, and need to be lowered to be relieved?
- Taking geodon, lamictal and clonapan. feeling anxious, head throbbing, general weird, dizzy feeling. could it be caused by mixing theses meds?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Bipolar,, Depression - Chronic, and takes Lamictal, Geodon, Klonopin)
Dr has me on theses 3 meds for depression and to ward off mania. I've only had one manic period in 6 years but suffer from chronic depression. Lately I've been diagnosed with a protruding disc in my neck. I am doing therapy. My hand and arm will go numb, shoulder hurts terribly,. I've just started f ...
More questions for: Geodon, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Shingles, Tardive Dyskinesia)
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to ...
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity
(Posted by a 40 year old man who has Death, and takes Oxymorphone Hydrochloride)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
More reviews for: Geodon, Death
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a patient with Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type. The patient has Depression, Fatigue, Fear, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Paranoia, Paranoid Schizophrenia, Hallucinations, Mixed
Comments: I can't bare loud sounds! Balloons are just freaking me out! I feel like the whole world is talking about me or planing and plotting against me to hurt me or kill me or attack me or just to make me feel miserable! There are balloons everywhere in my office and I feel like they are all going to burst ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Risperidone, Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure, Irritability, Weight Loss, Nausea And Vomiting, Dry Mouth, Back Pain, Stomach Pain
Comments: I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- A study of side effects of Seasonique for a patient with No Periods. The patient has Death
Comments: she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Bleeding From The Nose (bleeding from nose)
Comments: Had one nose bleed in late teens. In early 20s diagnosed with bipolar and taking 80mg Geodon 2x a day and Lamictal 200mg 1 day. About four years ago began havening nosebleeds once or twice a year. Have blood work twice a year. Last this past April.
More related studies for: Geodon, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.