Review: could Geodon cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Ill-defined disorder.
We study 14,509 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 354 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Geodon and have Death >>>
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (view latest outcomes from 15,130 users)
Death (latest reports from Death 183,730 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 14,506 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 371 people (2.56%) have Death.
Time on Geodon when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Geodon * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Geodon * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ill-defined disorder (115 people, 31.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (30 people, 8.09%)
- Schizophrenia (28 people, 7.55%)
- Depression (16 people, 4.31%)
- Agitation (13 people, 3.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (51 people, 13.75%)
- Risperdal (32 people, 8.63%)
- Zyprexa (25 people, 6.74%)
- Haldol (20 people, 5.39%)
- Depakote (16 people, 4.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Death
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs? (1 answer)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? I either need to get some acceptance or find answers to the effects this medicine is causing..afraid to change up her medicines but needless to say I am worried...
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how? (1 answer)
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given an antipsychotic and Depakote. Soon before one hospitalization, I remember seeing smoke coming out of someone's mouth (and I don't think he was smoking - I think I was on the subway). I think I was hallucinating. It seems like the clonazepam may have caused permanent psychosis. My psychiatrist thinks my anxiety caused the psychosis. I wonder if maybe my rage towards my father has something to do with it. What would you recommend to help permanently get off of these drugs? Have you had clonazepam cause you such psychosis?
- Do any of these drugs cause styes
Since commencing these drugs after sustaining traumatic Brain injury and after a craniectomy, I've been getting styles on both my eyes once or twice monthly
- I've recently had stiffness and pain in the ring &middle finger of my left hand, and want to know if its what & or how much of my rx
I have recently had pain in my left hand knuckles (middle & ring fingers)and unable to make a fist. Which med is causing it or is it the doses, and need to be lowered to be relieved?
- Taking geodon, lamictal and clonapan. feeling anxious, head throbbing, general weird, dizzy feeling. could it be caused by mixing theses meds?
Dr has me on theses 3 meds for depression and to ward off mania. I've only had one manic period in 6 years but suffer from chronic depression. Lately I've been diagnosed with a protruding disc in my neck. I am doing therapy. My hand and arm will go numb, shoulder hurts terribly,. I've just started feeling really weird. My brain feels as if sparks are going off, I'm dizzy, tongue and head throb and feel like they are both falling asleep. I get plenty of sleep. I see a psychiatrist and a neur surgeon for my neck. Help!
More questions for: Geodon, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to keep the Tardive Dyskinesia under control or to a few ticks finding my triggers and avoiding them. Like Caffeine, stress, and anxiety. I also had physical therapy and joined a gym. I also take an herbal supplement Relax and Sleep (4 yrs now) which helps a great deal. Recently, I developed shingles. The pain was unbearable and for some reason it triggered or aggravated Tardive Dyskinesia. I've been having inner tremors ever since and have had two bouts of Tardive Dyskinesia that borders on violent. I look like I'm having a seizure or Parkinsons. I always feel it coming on before it strikes. My chest muscles tighten and my arms and body are tense but I'm constantly moving. I can't speak and have difficulty walking when it occurs. My legs feel like weights. My face twitches, my eye winks and I can't swallow. Relax and sleep by natures made has been a life saver. It has melatonin, valerian root and chamomile. As a matter a fact I was in remission for a year. I only had subtle movements. I posted the discovery on youtube and other people have reported improvements. Mainly I wanted to know if the shingles triggered this episode because it effects the nerves? My grandmother developed alzheimer's late in life. I'm 49 years of age. Something is wrong. I can feel it.
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity (1 response)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribed both Adderrall and Opana by the same doctor, and had been taking both successfully and as directed for some time. Autopsy indicated he was otherwise healthy.
I've lost my husband to this toxic combination. He went to bed; I awoke to life without my best friend. Please be aware of potentially fatal prescription combinations. Discuss these with your Dr. or pharmacist. Do the research, watch for side effects, voice your concerns - it could save a life.
More reviews for: Geodon, Death
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I can't bare loud sounds! Balloons are just freaking me out! I feel like the whole world is talking about me or planing and plotting against me to hurt me or kill me or attack me or just to make me feel miserable! There are balloons everywhere in my office and I feel like they are all going to burst ...
- I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
- My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- Had one nose bleed in late teens. In early 20s diagnosed with bipolar and taking 80mg Geodon 2x a day and Lamictal 200mg 1 day. About four years ago began havening nosebleeds once or twice a year. Have blood work twice a year. Last this past April.
More related studies for: Geodon, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.