Review: could Geodon cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 14,519 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,429 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Geodon and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,146 Geodon users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 141,096 Diabetes mellitus patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 14,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 1,429 people (9.84%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Geodon when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes mellitus||11.11%||19.75%||12.96%||25.93%||22.22%||6.17%||1.85% |
Gender of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Geodon * :
|Diabetes mellitus||63.30%||36.70% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Geodon * :
|Diabetes mellitus||2.48%||0.00%||1.97%||7.07%||24.85%||40.09%||20.48%||3.06% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Geodon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (678 people, 47.45%)
- Bipolar disorder (545 people, 38.14%)
- Schizophrenia (327 people, 22.88%)
- Anxiety (311 people, 21.76%)
- Sleep disorder (228 people, 15.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (1,370 people, 95.87%)
- Risperdal (805 people, 56.33%)
- Zyprexa (797 people, 55.77%)
- Abilify (617 people, 43.18%)
- Haldol (367 people, 25.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of geodon and diabetes mellitus on
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Restoril, Geodon, Brintellix, Ativan, Topamax, Lamictal for a 36-year old woman with Insomnia, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Macule, Dry Skin, Blisters, Hives, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a 64-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Irritability
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
Recent Geodon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Geodon, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 53-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Geodon, Adderall for a 52-year old woman who has Attention Span
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.