Review: could Geodon cause Hallucinations?
Summary: Hallucinations is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,519 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 243 have Hallucinations. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucinations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Geodon and have Hallucinations >>>
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,142 Geodon users)
Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, quit smoking, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 24,286 Hallucinations patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 14,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 243 people (1.67%) have Hallucinations.
Time on Geodon when people have Hallucinations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucinations when taking Geodon * :
Age of people who have Hallucinations when taking Geodon * :
Severity of Hallucinations when taking Geodon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hallucinations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (82 people, 33.74%)
- Depression (75 people, 30.86%)
- Schizophrenia (41 people, 16.87%)
- Anxiety (36 people, 14.81%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (31 people, 12.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (53 people, 21.81%)
- Zoloft (45 people, 18.52%)
- Seroquel (43 people, 17.70%)
- Lamictal (42 people, 17.28%)
- Chantix (34 people, 13.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of geodon and hallucinations on
Do you have Hallucinations while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Hallucinations
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Hallucinations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Geodon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Geodon, Abilify, Latuda for a 41-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 53-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Geodon, Adderall for a 52-year old woman who has Attention Span
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.