Review: could Geodon cause Heart rate increased?
Summary: Heart rate increased is found among people who take Geodon, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Klonopin, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 14,519 people who have side effects while taking Geodon from FDA and social media. Among them, 160 have Heart rate increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart rate increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Geodon and have Heart rate increased >>>
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 15,142 Geodon users)
Heart rate increased
Heart rate increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma. (latest reports from 39,671 Heart rate increased patients)
On Feb, 24, 2015: 14,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Geodon. Among them, 160 people (1.10%) have Heart Rate Increased.
Time on Geodon when people have Heart rate increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart rate increased||70.83%||18.75%||4.17%||2.08%||2.08%||2.08%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart rate increased when taking Geodon * :
|Heart rate increased||59.24%||40.76% |
Age of people who have Heart rate increased when taking Geodon * :
|Heart rate increased||0.69%||2.78%||13.19%||6.25%||20.83%||36.11%||12.50%||7.64% |
Severity of Heart rate increased when taking Geodon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart rate increased||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart rate increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart rate increased||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (41 people, 25.62%)
- Depression (30 people, 18.75%)
- Hypertension (21 people, 13.12%)
- Schizophrenia (20 people, 12.50%)
- Ill-defined disorder (17 people, 10.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (19 people, 11.88%)
- Risperdal (18 people, 11.25%)
- Xanax (17 people, 10.62%)
- Seroquel (17 people, 10.62%)
- Lexapro (15 people, 9.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of geodon and heart rate increased on
Do you have Heart Rate Increased while taking Geodon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Geodon and have Heart Rate Increased
- support group for people who take Geodon
- support group for people who have Heart Rate Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 26-year old man with Depression, Paranoid Schizophrenia. The patient has Psychosis
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
- A study of side effects of Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman with ADD. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood), Muscle Aches (muscle pain), Spitting Up, Cough, Heart Rate Increased, Heartburn - Chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus), Retained Fetal Lung Fluid (fluid does not leave the lung)
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Toviaz, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Suboxone for a 30-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Drug Addiction. The patient has Upset Stomach, Hot Flashes, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Shortness Of Breath, Irregular Heartbeat, Rapid Heart Beat
- A study of side effects of Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Pain Inflammation Activated
Recent Geodon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Geodon for a 53-year old woman who has Schizophrenia
- Comparions of Geodon, Adderall for a 52-year old woman who has Attention Span
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Latuda, Seroquel, Geodon for a 30-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Abilify, Geodon, Latuda for a 21-year old man who has PTSD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.